Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 3/29-4/4 (Read 268 times)

RookieRider

I completed W4D1. Well, kinda. I couldn't complete either of the 5 minute runs. I'll do better next time. I always do.
    2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

Baby bean!

Hoping to finish week 3 tomorrow and start week 4 on Thursday. Lancesmom-you WILL do it next time. Your body is adjusting every day!

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Baby bean!

Yay, finished Week 3! I am going a snail's pace and the DH was pushing me to go faster, but I remained stubborn because otherwise, I would have to walk and I am determined NOT to walk! Tongue

Goals:
        Finish C25K

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

sushigirl - you are smart not worrying about your speed. Just take it at your own pace and don't let anyone push you to go faster! lancesmom - feel free to repeat the week if you think it will help. Nothing says you have to be done in X many weeks. I think I repeated 2 different weeks when I did the program. You are both doing well - keep it up!

My Little Pony hair.

Fresh out of the shower from w3d2 after taking 4 days off because people were in the house. OH THE HORROR!!! I don't like doing the treadmill while people are home, but my ever-so-loving husband pointed out that if I didn't want to run in the house while someone was home, I should just HTFU and GO OUTSIDE. Well, at this point I'm more willing to let someone possibly hear me running and doing a fabulous Darth Vader inpression than run outside and have people see me in all my jiggling glory, so treadmill it was!

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
            • run 1000k
            • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

I did W6D2 yesterday and made it through. It was the worst I have felt while running but stuck it out. Next up is a 25 minute run. Should be trying it tomorrow depending on how I feel I may wait until Friday. P.S. also made my 25 mile Nike + challenge for March on the last day. I set a new challenge for 100 miles within 12 weeks.
              2009 Goals finish C25K - April 2009 first 5K: Miles for Smiles 5K May 2, 2009 compete in at least 4 5K's for the year.
                Well, as my first official post...I've completed Week 1....and I'm still alive! Having tried to run unsuccessfully in the past, I was pretty excited to find the C25K program and have a methodical way to approach beginning running. And so far, so good! I got fitted with good shoes, am taking things slow, and am really happy with my progress. I'm also really happy with how my endurance has picked up...despite cold/exercise enduced asthma Roll eyes My mom started with me, which is fantastic. For one, I have a running partner Smile For another, we haven't had something to DO together in a couple years. Not to mention it's good for us both. She's having a bit of knee pain today that she hasn't had before, so fingers crossed that she doesn't end up sidelined! (We've got big running plans now that we've started!)
                  Well this is the 3rd or 4th day I've done week 3, its still difficult and I couldn't figure out why it was so much harder than the others. I finally figured it out though, when i went to get the mp3 podcast from robert ullrey the site was down so i quickly read through the instructions on cool running well I read the instructions as after the 5 minute warm up "Run 90 seconds, Walk 90 seconds, Run 90 seconds, Walk 90 seconds, Run 3 minutes, Walk 3 minutes, Run 3 minutes, Walk 3 minutes. Do this sequence twice". I've been running double the amount of time i was supposed to. It has been difficult but i wouldn't call it hard. I will do week 3 for the rest of this week and then try and move on to week 4. If week 4 proves to be too hard I'll do my unintentionally modified week 3 for a week.
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Jessica - I love that your mom's doing it with you and I'm totally jealous. Big grin However, you need to keep in mind that her body will probably adapt more slowly than yours will to the running. Chances are pretty good that she will need to repeat a week or two more often than you at 22 y/o. A good running buddy lets the slower person set the pace... make it so for this program as well and you've got a better chance of keeping her in the game. For reference, it took me about 15 weeks to get through an 8 week program when I was a very out of shape 32 y/o... Blush

Roads were made for journeys...

I'm working on week 8...I've been running for time throughout the program but with my 5K coming up next month- I thought I'd try running for distance & it took me 40min- ugh. But at least I now have a baseline to work on!

21.1k, 20/07/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #4/5 2:24:29

15k, 4/05/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #3 1:40:43

10k, 13/04/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #2 1:08:44

10k, 23/09/2012, Rock the House 1:04:27(gun), 1:03:48(chip)

10k, 27/05/2012 1:08:57

11.34 k, 22/10/2011 1:16:52

Started C25K 5 February 2009; SportCheck Mother's Day 5k- 37:13

Jessica - I love that your mom's doing it with you and I'm totally jealous. Big grin However, you need to keep in mind that her body will probably adapt more slowly than yours will to the running. Chances are pretty good that she will need to repeat a week or two more often than you at 22 y/o. A good running buddy lets the slower person set the pace... make it so for this program as well and you've got a better chance of keeping her in the game. For reference, it took me about 15 weeks to get through an 8 week program when I was a very out of shape 32 y/o... Blush
                        Thanks...I too love that she's doing it with me!! And we're definitely keeping things to her pace (although I think she's far more fit than I, not that either of us are runners). But the first time we ran together she suggested I go ahead and I told her absolutely not. I'd say she might be a hair slower than my jog speed of choice, but I figure taking things slow(er) will only help us BOTH in the long run. But now I have the dilemma of what to do if she's laid up for a couple of weeks...

Baby bean!

Yay, just finished week 4, day 1. I didn't find it easy, especially since I am a slow snail who shuffles. Tongue

Goals:
                          Finish C25K

RookieRider

Finished W4D2 last night. I made it through the 5 minutes that I wasn't able to complete earlier this week. WOO HOO! Sushi - I'm with you. This week is not easy. I had to push myself harder than normal.
                            2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

Baby bean!

Okay, did W4D2. Used Ullrey's podcast. I liked that I didn't look at my watch, but when he chimes in and says that I was half-way through the 5 minute run, I went Confused because the 5 minutes runs take forever.

Goals:
                              Finish C25K

Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks...I too love that she's doing it with me!! And we're definitely keeping things to her pace (although I think she's far more fit than I, not that either of us are runners). But the first time we ran together she suggested I go ahead and I told her absolutely not. I'd say she might be a hair slower than my jog speed of choice, but I figure taking things slow(er) will only help us BOTH in the long run. But now I have the dilemma of what to do if she's laid up for a couple of weeks...
                                What's going on with her knee? It's a bit early in your training program to have any injury that would lay you up "for a couple of weeks."

Roads were made for journeys...