Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Nov 23-30 (Read 253 times)

I just did my long run for this week. First day of week 5 OHR.

Running in Belgium
    Ann

After getting sidetracked for a couple of weeks (taking one week off because of minor pain in my leg, and then a week scuttled by work), we finally finished off One Hour Runner! And we did it with a pretty good pace. Smile The weather was good for a long run: 27 degrees F with only a little bit of wind. I guess we are officially runners now!
      2008 Goals:
      1. Finish C25K
      2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
      3. Complete One Hour Runner
        (...) we finally finished off One Hour Runner! And we did it with a pretty good pace. Smile (...)I guess we are officially runners now!
        Congrats pitters! And yes, I think you're definitively a runner...

Running in Belgium
        Ann

The young Mama Bear!

Proud, so proud. Smile
          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
          erendis

hey folks! sorry i've been MIA- been working late at school trying to get all that grading done. we ran another 5k today and it was COLD! a gorgeous route though- waterfront in plymouth, MA so we ran past the mayflower and plymouth rock etc. the wind was brutal but it definitely gave me motivation to finish faster. because of the freezing weather and the number of turkey trots etc in the area, it was a pretty small race- maybe 150 people. we passed a couple of groups though, and at the end there was this one lady in a neon fleece that we were neck and neck with= i thank her competitive spirit for my HTFU sprint at the end. I was hoping for a 35:00 finish, so when I rounded the last corner and saw 33:16 on the clock, I shouted and did a genuine fist pump! I felt like I had won LOL official time: 33:20 not bad considering my first race was over 38 min and that was only a couple of months ago. haven't done any kind of fancy training- just increasing that mileage. we're up to 11 mi per week now, extended the long run to 5mi, next week 6mi. keep it up folks!
            I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
              Erendis, good job! You give me inspiration since my first 5k was over 38 minutes also.

Tortoise

First run of the week. W6D3. It felt great. I went a different direction, just for a change of scenery, and passed four or five runners on the road, and they all smiled at me, which was a terrific boost. I also happened to glance at my watch just past the 1km mark and so now I know that I'm going at a pretty steady pace, and that feels good, too. I'm all buzzed, now. Smile WooHOO!
                "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

johnnfrankfort

wk 7 d1 down... d2 on wed. 5 k on thursday.... busy week
                  goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min
                    Not to be a bother, but who's on this whole graph-updating thing?

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Wingz

Professional Noob

goddess9's officially in charge of the updating, as far as I know. I think erendis has been helping out as well.

Roads were made for journeys...

The young Mama Bear!

I am, but it's the end of the semester. Bare with me. Erendis (and occasionally, Pitters) have been helping me out and I'm grateful. Big grin
                        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                          Thanks, goddess9... I didn't mean to pester. Believe me, as a career student, I feel your pain!

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

official time: 33:20 not bad considering my first race was over 38 min and that was only a couple of months ago. haven't done any kind of fancy training- just increasing that mileage. we're up to 11 mi per week now, extended the long run to 5mi, next week 6mi. keep it up folks!
                            Thanks for giving me some extra motivation--I was proud to finish my first 5K (coming off an injury) but really disappointed with my 43 minute finish...good to know you improved so much so quickly by increasing the mileage.
                            2009 Goals:
                            PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                            Run a 10K
                            Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                            Complete my first Sprint Tri
                              I got to run with my friend on Monday, who was visiting from Colorado! She is the one who inspired me to get back to running, with her invitation to do a marathon next fall. We went an easy pace and chatted about running the whole time. It was super fun, and she has a lot of knowledge about distance running. Now for Day 2, Week 8 of OHR - should be fun, though cold this morning!

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I'm going out for a run today after work! I can not wait! Like the other students here it's been a bad semester but I have refused to give in to it and I keep at it no matter how few miles I'm running. Something is better than nothing! I think it's been 2 weeks since my last run so I have been itching to go out for a while! I have just been keeping with running my 3 miles or so. I run for at least 30 mins and if I'm feeling good I'll run the last hill for a total 3 miles. I probably have to wait until the end of the semester (3 more weeks) but I want to start progressing with OHR and hopefully run a 10k in March!
                                -Jen
                                2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!