Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

New Year! Time to get back on that wagon if you've fallen off! (Read 200 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Gang! Welcome to 2009, everyone! I hope you are all still enjoying running and enjoying the program. We've had a LOT of people not updating on the graph lately, and I don't know if you're still working on the program or not. How about dropping us a line and letting us know where you are? Use the form at http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p2tq-nMzOyRkCmT2fM62mHw&hl=en and your data will be updated in about 5-10 minutes. Starting over? That's okay too. Just let us know where you are on the program and we'll get you set back up right.

Roads were made for journeys...

Yes, I had fallen off for a few weeks. Not because of the holidays, but because of some pain in my right foot and right knee. Luckily I'm (almost) sure it isn't running-related, as the pain in my foot started two days after my last run, and in my knee two weeks after. But the pain in my knee was so much the same as what I felt after a skiing injury two years ago, and that pain was 'cured' by running, so I decided to start running again - rather cautiously - today. And no, although I felt 'something' in my knee during the last hundreds of yards, my 5K run today went well. So now I'm sure I'm going to run on, and still be running by december 31st.

Running in Belgium
      Ann

MoonStar

Hey Wingz! Good to see you back. My goals for 2009 are drinking those 8 glasses of water and beating my time in the flying pig 5K, which means.... I need to get back running - we'll see how my body does, have been having quirky joint issues recently. Haven't decided where to start back yet. Is is safe to assume I should be able start in the middle of the program and proceed more quickly this time, or do you think that would be asking for trouble?

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Happy New Year everyone! My goals for 2009 are run in a road race each month and run the Hartford Half in October! I just need to work on building my milage up! good luck everyone!
          -Jen
          2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey Wingz! Good to see you back. My goals for 2009 are drinking those 8 glasses of water and beating my time in the flying pig 5K, which means.... I need to get back running - we'll see how my body does, have been having quirky joint issues recently. Haven't decided where to start back yet. Is is safe to assume I should be able start in the middle of the program and proceed more quickly this time, or do you think that would be asking for trouble?
            Long time, no see, Sis! Big grin Since I'm not a doc and I don't know what "quirky joint issues recently" means to you, the safest answer would be to recommend starting back at the beginning. Though chances are you won't need to repeat weeks as often the second time around. And ice-ice-ice! Ice is your friend and mine... Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Well, I'm still running or rather checking the windchill for when I can run. I'm still waiting to do my first run of the year. Damn windchill. Today we're sitting at -46*C windchill. That's just not safe to run in. We've been in an Arctic freeze here for about a month now. I only did about 5 training runs in December and ran in a 2K resolution run on NYE in a blizzard which was cut back from a 5K. I want to get back to running 3-4 times a week, but I need to be safe about it.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

johnnfrankfort

well, i have fallen off the wagon and it ran over me but i plan on starting it over again as of tomorrow. here we go again...Big grin
                goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min
                CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! I got to run today! Big grin: The first day this year without -35*C or worse windchill.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I hope you enjoyed your run, CanadianMeg... Whenever I think it could be too cold to run, I think of you, and than I feel I can't say it's too cold here.... (You know, I somewhere have a 'runningbook for beginners', that told not to run when the temperature goes below 0°. Since the book was in Dutch, I always considered the temperature to be in °C, but I start wondering - I think it was a translated book - that the original author meant 0°F, and that it wasn't converted in the translation.)

Running in Belgium
                    Ann

Tortoise

I'm back. Fell off the wagon over Christmas, but went out today and did my (already registered and paid for -- heck of a motivator, that!) first 5km race in Edinburgh. Woohoo!
                      "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

Congrats! Cool