Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Nov 16-22 (Read 218 times)

My son now really want to start running, so we went out to buy a pair of running shoes this morning. I have a 3K in 6 weeks-program, designed for kids, so he is going to try that (won't be a problem I think, his condition isn't bad). So in addition to my own scheme, I will be running with him one or two times a week (we can leave the house together during one of my shorter runs, and then I can go back and forth to enable him to run more or less with me). I suppose with two added running days in the week, I won't make my long run (that isn't very long yet) much longer, and that I will progress a little slower in my OHR-program.

Running in Belgium
    Ann

iang999

Well, as I completed the C25K I treated myself to a Garmin 301 Shy. Just done 2 runs with that and after a bit of fiddling about got the maps from the on-line web site they show up with the route on top. Wow! I am impressed with the technology it is exactly what I wanted. It even tells you what the temperature was at the time and elevation changes as well. Well worth the cost (84UKP from Amazon). So I am working on a 3 runs per week, 30 mins each for now and work them round the weather forecasts Cool. Tomorrow, I will venture out to the countryside and do a 30 min run somewhere nice and flat and traffic free and then come home and measure the distance. Speed is slow, very slow - in fact it is near enough half the speed I used to do way back when I was a 'real' runner and did a 76min 10 miler. But I do like the freedom this program has given me to venture out and enjoy the scenery. Lets hope we can keep at this without injury or inclement weather.
      Complete C25K Done on 11/16/08!
      Keep running regularly 3 times a week
      Weight loss
      Plan a 5k race Do a 10k
      Get weekly mileage up to 20