Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

What running shoes do ya'll use? (Read 409 times)

The young Mama Bear!

since we've been talking running gear- what other favorites do you have? i saw the discussion last week about running skirts- what's it like? i'd fear the chafing from my thighs rubbing together. i also have a problem with shorts that ride up (probably due to the thigh action Blush ) so i found these running tights that are sortof capri length, although they just cover the knee. it keeps them from riding up because the knee stops 'em!! probably my best discovery at the nike outlet. when i first started working out (aerobics back in college) i could never find a good sports bra either as a large figured gal (36DD).
    Oddly enough, I found a sports bra at Target that allowed me to run without slapping myself in the face with the girls. (I'm about a 36 D.) I bought a size smaller and it's been fab. http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Seamless-Bra-Ebony/dp/B000Y1NENU/qid=1218498619/ref=br_1_1/602-6707419-6515842?ie=UTF8&node=370527011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1 I actually recommend the whole C9 sports line for those that like quality gear at a Target-esque price. I have like 5 of their wicking racerbacks and I just love them. My favorite running accessory is my handheld hydration system. I love this little thing, and I don't have to hold it, it's on my hand regardless of how I position my hands. http://www.nathansports.com/our_products/hydration_nutrition/quickdraw_plus.html ETA: I don't think the links work so just copy and paste. Smile
    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
      My favorite running accessory is my handheld hydration system. I love this little thing, and I don't have to hold it, it's on my hand regardless of how I position my hands. http://www.nathansports.com/our_products/hydration_nutrition/quickdraw_plus.html
      I have the same one in green, and I love it! My cell phone actually fits in the pocket, which is a huge bonus. I'm always on-call, so I have to keep my business phone with me at all times. I hate holding it in my hand, so this was a perfect solution.

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

Jazz hands!

I run in these bad boys: I'm not quite sure about them. They've fixed more problems than they've solved, but my hips are getting a little funny as I increase mileage, I don't overpronate that severely, and my arches are actually pretty high...
        run run run AHHHHHH run run run

The young Mama Bear!

Squeaky, I think we've talking about this before. That's the Brooks Addiction __? While I liked them at first, they funked up my gait after W8 and I had to give them up. I'm no shoe expert, but if your arches are high you might not want that much shoe to run in. I thought I overpronated alot but upon my gait analysis, I only did so moderately even with my flat feet. I moved to a stability trainer, and so far, so good.
          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.

50 halfs by age 50

I'm no shoe expert, but if your arches are high you might not want that much shoe to run in. I thought I overpronated alot but upon my gait analysis, I only did so moderately even with my flat feet. I moved to a stability trainer, and so far, so good.
            Most of the time, folks with high arches supinate so usually get a neutral shoe. There are exceptions to every rule so a running shoe store with trained personnel is essential. I have freakishly high arches and do short runs in ASICs Nimbus and LR in Saucony Progrid Triumph. Once you find a shoe you like, Google the shoe and you may find better deals. I get a lot of stuff at http://www.runningwarehouse.com LOVE the C9 bras at Target!! They're on sale here this week!

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Jazz hands!

Heh, sorry for the moderate threadjack--the problem is that I kind of overpronate on one foot. My right foot is at a slight angle to my leg/knee, which is structural as best I can tell, so I roll it inwards when I walk or run. Never caused problems until I did OHR the first time, and it gave me medial tendinitis in my right knee so I switched to these beasts from a neutral shoe. I do think it's too much shoe, but nothing serious has happened yet (and the knee is okay) so I probably won't switch until their due date is up. I'm also pretty sure one leg is shorter than the other, though I have no earthly idea which one and whether that's just because my hips are so tight or not. Guys, I am in no way meant to be attempting any feats of athletic prowess. I just keep running 'cause I like it. MTA: The Addictions are Addiction 6, I think, and the neutral shoes I was in but are now collecting dust are Saucony Grid Ride 4.
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run
              CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My shoes are Asics 1130. And on the subject of gear, I love love love my Smartwool socks. Currently, I have the light mini crew ones. I want some more. https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I have some Asics GT-2080 shoes that I run in. The left shoe always squeaks (did on my last pair, too), but they work well for me. Looks like Asics might have changed the model number since I bought them...

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009

erendis

well i finally went to a running store to get fitted, as recently my toe and knees have been hurting. turns out my shoes are a full size too small for running in! they did a gait analysis and i tried on a bunch of shoes. it was very weird having someone watch me run. i kept worrying that i was running "wrong" or was running differently from my normal run because i was self-conscious. i ended up settling on the Asics GEL GT-2130
                    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

The young Mama Bear!

Nice stability shoe there, erendis! I tried them on but I needed more cushioning. How do ya like 'em?
                      erendis

Nice stability shoe there, erendis! I tried them on but I needed more cushioning. How do ya like 'em?
                        they were great today! definitely noticed a difference in my stride, and cushioning felt great too.
                        I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

Asics' Benefactor

I had bought the ASICS 2130 as my first shoe for my 5k in July and then bought ASICS Kayano 14s last month However, after having gone to a running store and getting my feet/gait assessed, they recommended a Neutral shoe rather than Stabilities, so I bought 2 pairs of ASICS Nimbus 10s.
                          2008 Goals:
                          Run 5k (Naked Juice) 07/13/08 - 28:39
                          Run 10K (San Diego AIDS) 09/28/08 - 51:59
                          Run a 25 mile week Run a 100 mile month