Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

C25K check-in, week of 10/21/07 - 10/27/07 (Read 219 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, it looks like we missed a week! Sorry, guys! How has everyone's program been? Have you reached any new goals? What week are you on now in the Couch-to-5K program?

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome to Jorge Bustamante!! Please join in our weekly check-ins!

Wingz

Professional Noob

As most of you know, I'm not currently doing the C25K program, but I did start running a bit over two years ago with an extended version of it. It helped me a lot because it teaches: 1) patience (not advancing faster than the program) 2) discipline (following the program rather than giving up with things are tough) 3) setting small goals (and what fun it is to reach them!) These things have been key for my success in running after I was done with the program. I have a history of knee problems... and the incremental increases have allowed me to become a runner when I'd failed at running so many times before. Setting and reaching small goals is such a confidence builder - it makes the discipline needed MUCH easier. I remember how thrilled I was the first time I ran for 3 minutes straight. And 10!!! What a huge confidence-booster! Celebrate these "small" victories, because they're huge. They are what make us runners!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I remember how thrilled I was the first time I ran for 3 minutes straight. And 10!!! What a huge confidence-booster! Celebrate these "small" victories, because they're huge. They are what make us runners!
          *nods vigorously* Yesterday I completed my 3rd half marathon...technically within one year. 10/29/06, 9/22/07, and 10/28/07. The road to where I am now started with C25k. Next year I plan to work my way up to a full marathon, but it all started with tricking my body into very gradual increases in time and distance. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Congratulations, Zoom-zoom! You've come such a long way! Big grin