Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

week of 5/24 - 5/30 (Read 441 times)

RookieRider

Today I ran w7d1 and it was much easier that my first attempt this past Wednesday. I felt like I could keep going. This was the first time I actually felt like a runner.

Have a great week everyone and a great Memorial Day.

2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

Baby bean!

Great job!!!  That's a good feeling, too.  There are some runs when I just want to stop so those runs are so special!

I got out for a 1.25 m. maintenance run.  I just needed to get out.  Things have been hectic with my DH's family and then we both got sick, so we have not had a steady week.   I needed something to keep the body used to running!

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

You Are Beautiful.

Ran my first 5k today. Ended up with a time of 34:00. I ran the entire time. Yay!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
        Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Baby bean!

Ran my first 5k today. Ended up with a time of 34:00. I ran the entire time. Yay!

Great job!!!   Seriously, even though I don't  'know' you,  I am so proud of you!!!

Goals:
          Finish C25K

Wingz

Professional Noob

Congratulations!!! 

Roads were made for journeys...

lancesmom - Way to go on the W7 run!  That is an awesome feeling when you'd like to keep going.  Smile

sushigirl - Sometimes you just need to run to clear your head or get away from it all. 

nauseousadmalin - Congrats on the 5K PR!

Wow, lots of good news this weekend.  I ran W7D1 late this morning on the trail with the dog.  It was much warmer than I am used to.  We are both tired, but at least I didn't have to do it in a fur coat.  Smile

You Are Beautiful.

Thanks, everybody! (esp sashi Smile)

It sounds cheesy but I did think about RA while I was in the race! I knew I wouldn't be able to hold me head high...I kept thinking, "You only get to run your 1st 5k once...make it count." I felt like I had something to prove to the community--in a good way--like I had a cheering team to perform for.

Anyway, thanks for all the 'grats Smile

Definitely habit-forming! I want to sign up for another one while I'm on a concert trip in July over in Seattle-area. . .

My Storygraph

My Little Pony hair.

Congrats!

This weekend was hectic for me, so I didn't get much done.  Errands all over the place on Saturday, a wedding on Sunday and a post-wedding brunch on Monday, so I walked for 2.5 miles on Saturday, hit the bike path for a run on Sunday morning, and did nothing but make sure that I didn't stuff my face full of crap at the brunch. 

Tomorrow it's back on the treadmill for w6d2, since it's supposed to pour all day and I won't be on the path.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                  • run 1000k
                  • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

week 8 day 1 done
                      Ran W7D2 on trail this drizzly morning with Copper.  I felt great going out and kept a nice even pace but ran out of gas on the way back and had to walk a bit.  Looks like I need to slow down on the way out.  It helped at the end when we chased a turkey for about 20 yards.  Tons of deer today too.

Yesterday I did pretty well on W4, my 6th day (yes, that is correct - 6 times so far on week 4)!   Anyway, it felt pretty good.  I have decided to do it once on my bike path with hard surface, and possibly once more on the woods trail, and know that next week I will be going on to week 5.  Looking ahead, week 5 looks like another one that will take time  for me.  By the time I am through, I will win an award for the most time actually spent on the program! 

Woods Lady

My Little Pony hair.

I think I generally do at least 4, sometimes 5 or 6 days in each "week."  You're definitely not alone Smile

Yesterday I did pretty well on W4, my 6th day (yes, that is correct - 6 times so far on week 4)!   Anyway, it felt pretty good.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                          • run 1000k
                          • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

You Are Beautiful.

yay kwikstop! we're at the same point. i haven't done w8d1 yet. maybe tomorrow?

My Storygraph

Wingz

Professional Noob

WL, it seems to me like you're doing a great job!  Kudos!

Repeating days on week 5 came up on a thread not too long ago.  There's one workout on there - the last one - that has a 20 minute straight run in it.  We kind of decided that that was a "long run" and that if you were repeating days that for the purposes of this week it'd be better to repeat the whole week than to keep on trying to repeat that long, hard workout back-to-back.  Just a thought for you as you work your way through the week. 

Keep up the good work!

Yesterday I did pretty well on W4, my 6th day (yes, that is correct - 6 times so far on week 4)!   Anyway, it felt pretty good.  I have decided to do it once on my bike path with hard surface, and possibly once more on the woods trail, and know that next week I will be going on to week 5.  Looking ahead, week 5 looks like another one that will take time  for me.  By the time I am through, I will win an award for the most time actually spent on the program! 

Woods Lady

Roads were made for journeys...

Baby bean!

Hey there...I will be honest, I've fallen off track.  We're still on Week 7, but the last time we did it was almost 2 weeks ago.  I have still gone out and ran though.  Things have been hectic for the past 3 weeks.  My FIL has been in and out of the hospital.  Nothing life threatening, thank goodness.  Just some repurcussions from a surgery at the beginning of the month.  Needless to say, it's been hectic and my DH has not been able to run with me.  Since I'm doing C25K with him, I'm saving those runs for when he can get back on track.  That and we both got sick so we've been 'off' our game.  But while he hasn't run in almost 2 weeks, I have gotten out a few times for "maintenance runs" so to speak.  Just some easy runs to keep my body used to it.  I can't wait to get my running partner back.   We're soooooo close!!! 

On another note, I read a good excerpt from this month's Runner's World.  It had a lot of things geared towards my needs this issue and one of them was overcoming a hurdle during the early parts of a run.  I've always HATED the first 8 minutes, I swear.  So there was this Q and A part and it had a good tip about warming up b/c for me, just walking doesn't cut it.  You walk 3 min, then do mini intervals: r 15s, w 45s, r 15s, w 45s, r 20s, w 45s, r 20s, w 45s, r 30s, w 45s, r 30s, w 45s and THEN ease into the run.  It's essentially almost 10 minutes of warming up but it helped me A LOT today.  Thought I'd pass it along.

Sorry I rambled here. 

Goals:
                                Finish C25K