Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread 3/2 to 3/8 (I think) (Read 287 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Who was it that just said they were on their third time through the program? They also said that it was easier the second and third time through... Jan, in between continuing biking and being willing to take it easy starting back up, it sounds like you're on the right track for long term success. Cool! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

obiebyke

I did it! I inaugurated my birthday Garmin 305 by getting out and doing W8D3 in the real world! It feels really different to have even little changes in elevation. Definitely a challenge. But I managed to stay almost exactly on my treadmill pace. Pretty amazing. Yeeha! Next week, instead of going to 30 minutes, I'm going to go to 31, and then 34 the next week, since I'm running my first 5k on the 23rd. Then I'll give myself a week break. Oh, and to anyone with a Mac looking for Garmin software, I recommend Ascent. It rocks. I think after, like, 10 workouts, you have to pay $20 or so, but that doesn't seem so bad to me. Happy weekend!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Loose Cannon

Hi, new people! I haven't gotten my treadmill set up yet. I decided to have the guys from the store come and do it; I figured with a purchase this big I wanted to make sure it was put together correctly. They're coming by tomorrow morning at 9:00, I hope to have a full report sometime after that! Big grin I have had a bit of a bum week, exercise-wise. I got off my schedule by a tiny bit and that just threw me off completely. But I'm getting right back up and will be starting Week 3 next week. Obiebyke, congratulations again on your Garmin and good luck getting ready for your race! You're an inspiration.
        Started C25K 2/5/08 Goal: Healthy Family Fun Run/Walk 5K WI Dells 5/10 If not ready for a 5K by 5/10: Shithouse 5K LaCrosse 7/26/08

RookieRider

Hi Gang. I thought I'd stop by with an update. I've had so many issues when starting the c25k this time. The differences are I'm on a treadmill and not the dog trail I ran last year, my shoes are too old and I hurt my left leg in January when I had a spill on my bicycle. I went to the doctor last week and he suggested I find something else to do besides running. I reminded him I already cycle and all I want to do is run ONE 5k this year some time. He gave me strengthening exercises for my ankles and knees. I'm going to start WALKING only on the treadmill 3 times a week and I'll also be doing these exercises. I'll come back when I'm in better shape to start running. Good luck to you all. You're awesome.
          2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week