Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread Aug 3 - Aug 9 (Read 564 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm starting this one even though I won't run until this evening. Can't wait to read everyone's progress this week!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I have not run since last Wednesday. This is the longest I've gone without running since starting C25K almost 8 weeks ago. I'm in the middle of a crisis at home. I have not ate well or slept well since Thursday. I have had it coming out of both ends (for lack of a better word). I'm scared to run because of feeling weak. But I know I need to. I'm ready for W8D2 on my next run. First 5K is 12 days away! Any advice from anyone? Please just pray for my situation at home. It will be better but things are rough at the moment. Thanks. Happy running to all this week!
      Goals: Finish C25K Run 5K and not die (8/16/08) Run 5K in less than 30 minutes Run 10K Weigh 150 lbs.
        Sorry to hear that Ernsberger Sad Don't worry about the 5k. I have no doubt you have sufficient conditioning to finish it in a race day environment given your 8 weeks of training. You can run it at an easy pace if need be and then crank it up next time out. Look forward to it, it will be fun - it should NOT be an additional source of stress by any means. Hope things improve at home!
        erendis

get well ernsberger! maybe try just walking for awhile until things settle down. being sick that way is very dehydrating, so be careful and take care of yourself! just got back from c25k week 6 day 1. during my last five min interval, i finally felt that urge to run faster- i haven't had that desire for almost a year, since i fell offtrack. i only logged my non-warmup/cooldown miles to see my pace and it came out to 11:25min/mile!! the running bug is back yay Big grin
          I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
          CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I have not run since last Wednesday. This is the longest I've gone without running since starting C25K almost 8 weeks ago. I'm in the middle of a crisis at home. I have not ate well or slept well since Thursday. I have had it coming out of both ends (for lack of a better word). I'm scared to run because of feeling weak. But I know I need to. I'm ready for W8D2 on my next run. First 5K is 12 days away! Any advice from anyone? Please just pray for my situation at home. It will be better but things are rough at the moment. Thanks.
            I hope your crisis passes soon. Running is a great way to burn off stress; remember if you do get out for a run and can't finish, it's okay to pack it in early if you need to. Don't go too many days without running; a slow mile is better than nothing and will help keep up your endurance/fitness. 12 days is still a fair amount of time until your race. You'll be okay. *hugs*

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I have not run since last Wednesday. This is the longest I've gone without running since starting C25K almost 8 weeks ago. I'm in the middle of a crisis at home. I have not ate well or slept well since Thursday. I have had it coming out of both ends (for lack of a better word). I'm scared to run because of feeling weak. But I know I need to. I'm ready for W8D2 on my next run. First 5K is 12 days away! Any advice from anyone? Please just pray for my situation at home. It will be better but things are rough at the moment. Thanks. Happy running to all this week!
              Sending prayers your way...

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

theyapper

On the road again...

just got back from c25k week 6 day 1. during my last five min interval, i finally felt that urge to run faster- i haven't had that desire for almost a year, since i fell offtrack.
                What a great feeling! Congrats on the great run.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

i finally felt that urge to run faster- i haven't had that desire for almost a year, since i fell offtrack. i only logged my non-warmup/cooldown miles to see my pace and it came out to 11:25min/mile!! the running bug is back yay Big grin
                  Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin I hope your next run is just as wonderful.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I started Week 2 yesterday, and all I can say is....my body continues to amaze me! I was so nervous about being able to run the 90 second intervals, and I did it just fine! Well, it was the perfect challenge level, not too hard, but definitely not easy! DO-ABLE is the word I guess! I feel like my form and breathing are starting to click pretty nicely - I'm not so awkward. I can't wait until tomorrow's workout. I have family vacation next week and I've got the action plan in place so I don't lose momentum! I'm very surprised at how I have adapted to this, even with 30 extra pounds on me - that I trust will now start to melt away ha ha. But mostly, it's the mental benefits that surprise me the most! I am already addicted to this sport and I've barely begun! Today I subscribed to RunnersWorld magazine. Big grin Ernsberger ~ I hope things get better for you very soon! Cheers all!
                    Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com

The young Mama Bear!

Kelly, my prayers are definitely with you! erendis, WOOOO! That's what C25K will do to you. Wink cyndiko, I'm in this for almost the same reason you are...even if you don't realize it yet. I'm running for both weight loss and strength of mind. I'm jogging with 40 extra pounds, but I've been losing at about 2 lbs./week since I've started the program. I'm sure you'll do just as well or even better than I am!
                      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                        I knocked off w7d2 today. I was feeling great, not out of breath at all and sitting pretty at about the 22 minute mark. That was when I decided to do something silly Roll eyes My heart rate was pretty high even though I felt fine, conversational pace and all that. It was 174ish and my max is supposedly 190 so somehow I decided it might be fun to see if I can go past that. So I cranked it up to a 7:30 mile pace (which is downright pedestrian to a lot of the folks on the main board but feels really fast for me) for the last couple of minutes. Anyway, my HR got up to 191 at which point I was passing the scheduled end point and common sense kicked in. So now I know my HR is at least 191 and I would guess there's some room to go. That was fun! Big grin Hopefully I didn't injure anything leg wise though Black eye

The young Mama Bear!

So I cranked it up to a 7:30 mile pace (which is downright pedestrian to a lot of the folks on the main board but feels really fast for me) for the last couple of minutes.
                          Sometimes I run twice as slow. No shame. I don't know who you're talking to on the main board, but that's an admirable time!
                          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                          MoonStar

Ernsberger - FLUIDS! If you are going both ways you need to make sure you don't get dehydrated and probably are in no condition to go running now. Your body will recoup better if you don't stress it by going running right now - plus can you imagine trying to make it back home after you've had an accident! Will be on a houseboat with family later this week. Not sure how that is going to fit in to any excercise plan. Sorry you can't join us Wingz. There are 4 bedrooms if you change your mind...
                            theyapper

On the road again...

Tonight I did the W8D1 run of the OHR. It's the short 30 minute run and my fast run of the week. Of course, it was 91 degrees and still very humid a bit after 8 tonight when I went out. First mile I thought, "Crud. I started too fast." By the halfway point I felt that I was getting my groove and then I really took off for the last couple of minutes. The result? I just ran 3.4 miles in 30 minutes! That's a 8:50/mile pace and would translate into a 27:27 5k. Woo hoo!

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Will be on a houseboat with family later this week.
                                You're gonna get dizzy running on that! Big grin

Paul