Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly update thread: Aug. 17 - Aug. 23rd (Read 484 times)

W3D3 It was a nice run with my son, who has kept me company during all my runs this week. He is still very eager to go on, and wants to race 3K or 6K by the end of november... I'm now searching some information on running with kids...

Running in Belgium
    Ann

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Pitters, congrats on graduating from C25K! Are you going to try a 5K race now? Cool Eyedocguy, kudos on finishing C25K. Goddess is our graphs guru so I know she'll get you added to OHR when she gets here. Smile Unlapsing, those are the best runs: the great ones you don't expect to enjoy so much. Yay! Big grin Cyndi, I so agree that a supportive spouse is such a help. They know when you need that little push. Wink Go Ann! Cool your son wants to run. How old is he? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Pitters, congrats on graduating from C25K! Are you going to try a 5K race now? Cool
        Yep! A while back we signed up for a race taking place 9/14/08. I will make my contribution to the race thread when the time comes. Wink
        2008 Goals:
        1. Finish C25K
        2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
        3. Complete One Hour Runner
        theyapper

On the road again...

I'm now searching some information on running with kids...
          My son is 10 and decided he wanted to run a 5k at some point during the school year, so I'm doing C25k with him. I let him set the pace so we don't go too fast, and so far he's doing great.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Eyedocguy, kudos on finishing C25K. Goddess is our graphs guru so I know she'll get you added to OHR when she gets here. Smile
            eyedocguy, I saw your post on the other thread and added you to the chart. Goddess will probably keep you updated from here on out.

Paul

running buddies

Welcome back, eyedocguy. I was wondering where you'd gotten to...
              "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
                we did week 6 day 1 today. I don't think my mom is going to be running with me anymore. she is going to stay behind and work on week 5 for a while. she can barely make a mile and we're getting into the 2s so... today was hard. i stared out too fast and y the end i was dying. my mom walked again. i'm looking forward the the end of intervals. i feel like its harder if i have to stop in the middle.
                Goals: Run.
                  My son is 10 and decided he wanted to run a 5k at some point during the school year, so I'm doing C25k with him. I let him set the pace so we don't go too fast, and so far he's doing great.
                  My son is 11, but I have decided not to let him set the pace: I don't want to be exhausted myself ;-). It's still sort of a game for him... Yesterday he ran a bit faster, to be able to pick some blackberries that grow along our path, he makes some detours, just not to be bored with my slow pace. We looked at the website about the race that we will participate in in November. There is a 3, 6, 9 and 12K run, and a 'Kid's run' that's only 1K. But Jan decided to run at least the 3K (and acoording to the pictures of last year's run, he won't be the only youngster who's running with the adults.)

Running in Belgium
                  Ann

Ran W5D3 (20 min run) without Copper this morning and the hill went much better. Perhaps I just need to find a flatter spot to run on with Copper. At any rate, while the hill was still hard I was not constantly struggling with the desire to stop! Congrats to everyone on their achievements!
                    erendis

finished week8 today, and managed to get a little bit further than my two other runs this week! i think the difference was that i was consistent throughout- i didn't feel particularly energetic at the beginning, so i started out slower, but i didn't slow down any further when i got to the halfway point. here's hoping i'm over the hump! congrats yapper!
                      I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

The young Mama Bear!

Guys, I'm sorry about the lack of updating the charts. (I'm sure The Yap and Meg have that covered.) I just finished moving into my new apartment, and let me say: DO NOT MOVE INTO AN OLD BUILDING. You will most likely have to jump through hoops in order to set up cable or internet. Lame. Angry Angry Until Sunday/Monday, I cannot update the charts. I have not had time to catch up on the conversations, so excuse me if this has been covered. Happy running and I hope to be surfing this site again in a few days. Carry on. Smile
                        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                        theyapper

On the road again...

Guys, I'm sorry about the lack of updating the charts. (I'm sure The Yap and Meg have that covered.) I just finished moving into my new apartment, and let me say: DO NOT MOVE INTO AN OLD BUILDING. You will most likely have to jump through hoops in order to set up cable or internet. Lame. Angry Angry Until Sunday/Monday, I cannot update the charts. I have not had time to catch up on the conversations, so excuse me if this has been covered. Happy running and I hope to be surfing this site again in a few days. Carry on. Smile
                          We got your back, but we'll be glad when you're back. Smile

Paul

Tortoise

I've been gone for two weeks, and let me say this -- do not run through pain! I hurt my ankle on W6D2. The pain wasn't excruciating or anything, but it was painful and I was limping, and then, like an idiot, I decided to run W6D3 anyway. It didn't hurt (much) while I was running, but when I stopped, I could barely put my heel on the floor. I still don't know what I actually did, but in the interests of not wanting to do permanent or long-term damage, I've been on the bench for the last fifteen days. It feels back to normal now, going out tomorrow. Anyone who's ever taken two weeks off from C25K, where would you recommend starting back? Technically, this should be W7D1, but I don't know if it's that good of an idea to go from two weeks of nothing right back to a 25 minute run. I was thinking of going back to W6D1 and seeing how it goes. Opinions? Advice?
                            "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

W6D2 today and it was really hard. Maybe it was the heat or the fact that I was dehydrated a little but I didn't make it. Sad
                              Goals: Run.
                              theyapper

On the road again...

W6D2 today and it was really hard. Maybe it was the heat or the fact that I was dehydrated a little but I didn't make it. Sad
                                Sorry to hear your run was hard, but my guess is that you can take the "maybe" out of your post and you'll have nailed the reasons for it. Heat + lack of water = terrible runs Good job recognizing it. You'll kill it next time.

Paul