Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

New C25K-er. (Read 171 times)

Tortoise

Hi, there. I've been lurking on the main board, but I just found this group. Tomorrow will be W3D1 of C25K for me. This is my third attempt at the program -- lack of motivation, bad planning, and, one time, a shot at doing too much too soon that benched me for six weeks and destroyed my enthusiasm. I won't be trying that one again! But it's the getting back up, not the falling down, right? The main thing I've changed this time around is that I've ditched the treadmill and got out into the outside world, and it's pretty amazing how much more I'm enjoying it.
    "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

sefkhet - welcome! Feel free to post on our weekly updates and join in the fun. Wingz has been MIA, but when she gets back, I'm sure she will put you on the graph on our home page. Good for you for starting again. My best advice is stick to the program - if you try and do too much too soon it is almost an invitation for injury. And yes, outside is much better!

The young Mama Bear!

Hi, there. I've been lurking on the main board, but I just found this group. Tomorrow will be W3D1 of C25K for me. This is my third attempt at the program -- lack of motivation, bad planning, and, one time, a shot at doing too much too soon that benched me for six weeks and destroyed my enthusiasm. I won't be trying that one again! But it's the getting back up, not the falling down, right? The main thing I've changed this time around is that I've ditched the treadmill and got out into the outside world, and it's pretty amazing how much more I'm enjoying it.
        I'm definitely a big fan of jogging outside. People say it tears up your legs, but if you have the right circumstances you'll end up no worse for the wear. Besides, it's nice to have an actual destination! Welcome welcome welcome! I love this group...everyone is really supportive of each other. It's great. Hold tight and keep it up. Smile
        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm glad you found it. This group is a lot of fun and has runners at all stages of the game. I'm an outdoor runner too. I want to move, not just stay in one spot when I run. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

theyapper

On the road again...

Welcome. I'm an outdoor runner, too. The treadmill gave me a terrible shin splint.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, sefkhet, and welcome! I've got your name on our chart on the home page. Looking forward to hearing from you as you progress! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...