Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Nov 2- 8 (Read 198 times)

johnnfrankfort

Well someone needed to start it.. wk 4 day1 down... first half mile straight.. woohoo.. i really hope to get my 2 mile time down to 16 min. i hope after the c2k it will happen...
    goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min
      Just ran the last training of my one hour program. The weather was fantastic, rather cold, and a little haze, but the rising sun made every tree glow.

Running in Belgium
      Ann

Good weather, good run this morning, but I grabbed the wrong key on my way out the door. Had to borrow a neighbor's phone to have my hubby call our roommate (whose phone number I don't have memorized) so she could unlock the door for me. Oops! Thankfully she came and let me in - what a cold, hungry day it would have been otherwise! Just started week 5 of OHR today and I'm enjoying my slightly longer runs. I am not scared of running 60-90 minutes eventually (I did a couple of half-marathons 5 years ago, so I know I can run 2 hours if I train), but that 4-hour full marathon my friend wants me to do with her someday still sounds rather long. All I have to worry about now is the immediate future, and those runs I know I can handle. Smile

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009

Hi All ~ I am still around, just been busy lately! It seems pretty quiet around here! I am plugging away at Week 5 of OHR. Last night's 30 minute run turned into a 'fartlek' type of workout at the track. NOthing too formal, I just played with my speed a little, ran fast when I wanted to, recovered or even walked when I needed to. I included some bleacher runs too just to work my legs a bit. It was a great workout! After I ran the bleachers, I felt 'faster' when I returned to the track. Very cool. Now I 'get' what hill training is for. Today I will cross train with a long walk, and tomorrow's run will just be a regular old easy run for 34 minutes. And then the 'long run' on the weekend, 38 minutes...which will be a bit like my 5K race except I will be running easier! Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know I'm still at it!
          Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com
          johnnfrankfort

wk 4 d2 down.. i ran slower tonight and it wasn't as much of a struggle as it has been. i just hope that the slow run / low heart rate approach will help me get to 16 minutes two mile time.
            theyapper

On the road again...

Hi All ~ I am still around, just been busy lately! It seems pretty quiet around here! I am plugging away at Week 5 of OHR. Last night's 30 minute run turned into a 'fartlek' type of workout at the track. NOthing too formal, I just played with my speed a little, ran fast when I wanted to, recovered or even walked when I needed to. I included some bleacher runs too just to work my legs a bit. It was a great workout! After I ran the bleachers, I felt 'faster' when I returned to the track. Very cool. Now I 'get' what hill training is for. Today I will cross train with a long walk, and tomorrow's run will just be a regular old easy run for 34 minutes. And then the 'long run' on the weekend, 38 minutes...which will be a bit like my 5K race except I will be running easier! Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know I'm still at it!
              Good job, Cyndi. I've updated you on the OHR chart. Enjoy your long run this week-end.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I included some bleacher runs too just to work my legs a bit. It was a great workout!
                Cyndiko, can you explain what 'bleacher' runs are? I never heard this before...

Running in Belgium
                Ann

Hello everyone, hope you don't mind if I hop back in the group. After completing my 5K at the end of August I've returned to the couch for 2 months No I told myself it was because of my shin splints but there isn't a real good excuse for being as much of a slug as I was. Anyway, the good news is that I got my new custom orthotics yesterday and rejoined the gym so I went on my first run in over 2 months last night! I realized I had lost a lot of fitness in those two months, so I'm jumping back into C25K at W4. I would like to finish C25K again this year and then move on to HH Spring Training so that I can run a 10K next year.
                  2009 Goals:
                  PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                  Run a 10K
                  Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                  Complete my first Sprint Tri

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I currently have laryngitis and have been waiting for it to clear up. Today is the first day it hasn't really "hurt" so probably tomorrow I'll run for the first time in a week! I can't wait I feel like a blob!
                    -Jen
                    2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                    iang999

Well, just tried doing W8D2 on a treadmill as I have just joined the fitness club at work. Did the full 28 mins no problem and I set the page to 7.0. I reckon this was 7km/Hr so it was a bit slower than the usual pace but felt fine. I did get bored though how do you guys keep 'interesting' thoughts in your head? I tried to imagine where I was on my usual route at any given time but it was hard from that point of view.
                      Complete C25K Done on 11/16/08!
                      Keep running regularly 3 times a week
                      Weight loss
                      Plan a 5k race Do a 10k
                      Get weekly mileage up to 20
                      rdmsgirl

Marie

On W3D3 of C25K tomorrow, but my knee really hurts so I may have to postpone another day or so Cry
                        johnnfrankfort

wk 4 down.. wk 5 up next!
                            Day 2 of Week 3 OHR. The weather was fantastic here, on thursday I even dressed to warm, and had a slightly worse run. Today was 5°C cooler, and I wore the same cloths, and that felt a lot better.

Running in Belgium
                            Ann