Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 5/8 to 5/14 (Read 404 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Thought I'd start us off so I can encourage all the C25K and OHR folks to keep posting their progress. Remember ya'll can do this. Speed it not the over riding factor for many if not most of us, certainly not for me. Time on feet and enjoying running is what counts most. Speed follows if desired. Whoops crying baby... gotta go

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Ran W5D1 on the trail with the dog this morning.  Feeling pretty good. 

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

WTG Chub! Keep up the good work!

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

As a side note, my daughter, a high school junior, ran her first ever sub-6 1500 meter race last night!  She was so pumped to tell me about her 5:51 PR.  Note bad for someone just running for fitness.  Way to go kiddo!  Unfortunately I couldn't be there because of leading my youngest's cub scout wolf den meeting.  I need a clone!  </proud parent mode>

Hey, Chup, brag away! Congrats to a proud parent.

Michele in NC

Ran W5D2 on the trail with the dog this morning.  Feeling pretty good.

Ran wk8 day1 today on the treadmill since it was raining.  Loved the steady pace, listened to music.

Never would have believed 2 months ago that I could run 28 minutes straight!!

Hey, ChupChup, we're getting to be like regular runners or something! Big grin

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

Chup, I'm glad you're feeling better.  Is it warm where you are?  That could play a part in you're not feeling well, and drained, after your runs.  When it gets about 50 degrees, I have to slow WAAAAYYYY down.  Sounds like you're doing better, that's GREAT!

Jenn, you're almost done, keep up the good work!  Lots of respect to anyone who runs on a dread, I mean, treadmill. Big grin

I just signed up for some races, as I've been unmotivated as of late.  Nothing like a race to put a kick right in the seat of your pants!

Michele in NC

Ran W5D3 in the rain on the trail with the dog.  Went for about 25 minutes straight and covered the two miles running well within myself.  Took yesterday as a rest day and went with my daughter on a college visit.  Feeling tired but happy today.  Smile  Now to get ready for the boys' soccer games. 

Good job on your run, chup! You were ready for it.  Congratulations!  Have fun "college shopping", it's the traveling around that got to me when I did that.  Gets expensive.  Hope your weather is good for soccer!  It's hot and humid here, and my "run" was more like a "shuffle" this morning.  Looking forward to that acclimation to the weather I hear so much about! Big grin

Michele in NC

yay,ChupChup!!

That 3rd run of week 5 is really turning the corner. Great job!!!

Good luck with the college search.

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

Loves the outdoors

Ran W5D3 in the rain on the trail with the dog.  Went for about 25 minutes straight and covered the two miles running well within myself.  Took yesterday as a rest day and went with my daughter on a college visit.  Feeling tired but happy today.  Smile  Now to get ready for the boys' soccer games. 

Well done! I remember that run so well. It was a turning point for me. I realised that I could do this and all I needed to do was keep getting out the door and running.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.