Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

i just walked a 5k tonight (Read 328 times)

shyrunner07

was curious to see if i *could* do it (plus i wanted to play around some with my nike+ gizmo Clowning around)... today was my "off" day, so i made sure to just walk it out....did it just under 52minutes (pretty pokey, i know Blush) played around too with the incline settings (changed it up every 5minutes). pretty pleased to know that if i had to, i could do it. Smile Now to keep plugging along so that someday, i can actually *run* the distance! lol
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Start walking it, then gradually run a little, then a little more, then a little more...soon enough you will be running it all...then 4 miles, 5 miles.... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Congrats! That's a great confidence booster, isn't it? Now... go find a 5K race that's a few weeks out from when you hope to finish the c25K program... and sign up for it! You'll know that if it's too much you can always walk it... so there's no excuse not to try! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I think the Seaway 5k might be well timed... Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now... go find a 5K race that's a few weeks out from when you hope to finish the c25K program... and sign up for it! You'll know that if it's too much you can always walk it... so there's no excuse not to try! Big grin
            I think this is a great idea!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?