Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

week 2/28- 3/7 (Read 239 times)

johnnfrankfort

weather looks promising this week for some good running... lets keep it going..
    goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min
      Sat Feb 28 - W3D1 Monday Mar 2 - W3D2
      2009 Goals finish C25K - April 2009 first 5K: Miles for Smiles 5K May 2, 2009 compete in at least 4 5K's for the year.
      johnnfrankfort

wk2 d3 done.. Smile

RookieRider

Sat 2/28: W1D3 - First time I was able to complete all intervals Mon 3/2: W1D1 again. (I didn't complete the first two days last week so I'm starting over) It does look like better weather this week. Yesterday was COLD. Sad
          2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week
            W3D1 down. I was feeling really lazy and drag-ass about it but I did it, and even added an additional 90 sec run/90 sec wakl onto the end. This is one of the reasons I go to the gym to run on the TM, cause if I can get the willpower to get to the gym I will do the run. If I had to hold onto that willpower all the way home where my couch sat tempting me...there's no way I would have run yesterday.
            2009 Goals:
            PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
            Run a 10K
            Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
            Complete my first Sprint Tri
              I'm repeating week 4 this week as I'm struggling on my 5min runs- thought I'm not sure if it's due to me- or the resistance from the 6" of snow/slush I'm running in...Wink

21.1k, 20/07/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #4/5 2:24:29

15k, 4/05/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #3 1:40:43

10k, 13/04/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #2 1:08:44

10k, 23/09/2012, Rock the House 1:04:27(gun), 1:03:48(chip)

10k, 27/05/2012 1:08:57

11.34 k, 22/10/2011 1:16:52

Started C25K 5 February 2009; SportCheck Mother's Day 5k- 37:13

My Little Pony hair.

Just starting week 2 over here. Smile

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                • run 1000k
                • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

johnnfrankfort

my running is on hold until i find out what the doctor says.. after my last run on monday my knee swole up a bit. it was a knot on the lower front of my knee.. it really doesn't hurt but i want to make sure i don't mess myself over... lets cross our fingers.. Undecided
                    Yikes John, good idea to hold off til you see your doc. Good luck! My knee is also bugging me a bit after my W3D2 run on Wed and a long swim yesterday. Decided to take today off and complete W3 tomorrow.
                    2009 Goals:
                    Run a 10K
                      Finished W3D3 on Wednesday. Starting W4D1 either tonight or tomorrow morning.
                      2009 Goals finish C25K - April 2009 first 5K: Miles for Smiles 5K May 2, 2009 compete in at least 4 5K's for the year.
                        i haven't run in a month. a couple of excuses and i got out of the habit. im waiting until after states to start which are next weekend. hopefully it will start to warm up a little.
                        Goals: Run.
                          W3 finished on Saturday, starting W4 today. When I completed C25K last year I was going by time, so by the end I still wasn't running 3.1 miles. This time I decided I should switch to distance instead, but up until now the distances were hard to measure on the TM (since W1-W3 was dealing with yardage and the TM deals with miles). Now that the mileage is given (1/4 mile, 1/2 mile) I'm swtiching to distance. This means it's going to be a bigger than normal jump between W3 and W4 but hopefully I will not have any problems. My knee pain did go away last week with a day of rest. Anyone else doing distance rather than time?
                          2009 Goals:
                          Run a 10K
                          Roses Revenge

I managed to get out yesterday for the first time all week but didn't have my watch so I'm not sure of the times. I ended up running two blocks and walking one block for a little over a mile and felt good. I kept going with a run/walk for another 5 or so miles but didn't try to keep to the same pattern. I'd planned to go out Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon, but I was so tired I just took a nap instead. Now that it's going to be light in the evening, I'll have an easier time getting in some runs during the week. Another 5 1/2 weeks and my life will be my own again as I'll only be working one job rather than two. Then I'm planning on starting C25K again. Of course, in the meantime, I have one marathon scheduled and will start with my summer training group on Saturday mornings in April. My plan is to do C25K during the week and do the first part of the Saturday morning run/walks as C25K plus whatever additional distance we have on the schedule. Putting this in writing will help keep me accountable.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

For all the motivation in my last post....wtf happened last night? Well first of all I was mega crunched for time, but that shouldn't have mattered. I was just dragging ass, plain and simple. It just felt like it was taking so much energy to move my legs, it was ridiculous. Not only did I not go for distance rather than time, I didn't even complete the W4 outline. I did essentially W3 except increased the 90 second intervals to 2 minutes. Still, by the end of the 3 min intervals I felt like I was dying. I think part of the problem might be that the gym is starting to get uncomfortably hot again. I don't know but I do not want to repeat that run again, ugh. Here's hoping my second attempt at W4D1 (on Wednesday) goes better.
                              2009 Goals:
                              Run a 10K