Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Where in your run is it the hardest? (Read 260 times)

Baby bean!

I have to say, I think the 1st 5 minutes suck the most. I'm actually thinking of doing a 5 minute warm up run, then a break, THEN starting the run.

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I usually do a 5 minute brisk walk and a bit of stretching before I run to get myself warmed up. Even so, it takes me a bit to get into my run. It's not always good in the first bit.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

It takes me about a half a mile to get into it, but I have a hard time around 2 miles, and depending on the day sometimes everything after that 2 miles is tough too.

The young Mama Bear!

The middle. At the beginning, I've got all the energy. At the end, I've got all the heart. The middle is just...blegh.
          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
          Wingz

Professional Noob

It seems to take me somewhere between 10-15 minutes to get warmed up. Before I'm warmed up, EVERYTHING is more difficult. Then, it's like over the space of a minute everything changes and becomes easier. The pace I was struggling to hold suddenly becomes too slow and I'm ready to go! I consider the first 10-15 minutes of each run my warm-up and have given myself a pass to go as slow as my body wants to for that first little while. Once I feel that change, it's time to start picking up the pace at least a little bit. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

theyapper

On the road again...

It seems to take me somewhere between 10-15 minutes to get warmed up. Before I'm warmed up, EVERYTHING is more difficult. Then, it's like over the space of a minute everything changes and becomes easier. The pace I was struggling to hold suddenly becomes too slow and I'm ready to go! I consider the first 10-15 minutes of each run my warm-up and have given myself a pass to go as slow as my body wants to for that first little while. Once I feel that change, it's time to start picking up the pace at least a little bit. Smile
              +1

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I do the 5 min warm up walk, and then I take the first 5 - 8 minutes of running at a slow pace - for awhile there I was going out to strong and then started to around the 20 minute mark. Since I've started the slower paced warm up, things have gotten a bit easier. I start to fade around 25 minutes and really have to work the mind muscles on the last 5 minutes! That's why I'm glad to have strictly 30 minute runs over the next 3 weeks, just to sort of fine tune the pacing and learn to listen to my body more.
                Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com
                jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

The hardest part is getting out the door. I can sometimes come up with a million excuses - especially if it is cold out. Once I'm out there, I feel great.
                    Definitely the first 10 minutes or so... until I'm warmed up, my body feels all awkward and uncoordinated. But once the blood starts flowing and I've hit my stride, everything starts to feel like it's coming together.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac