Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Sept 7 - Sep 13 (Read 269 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Didn't see a thread started for this week's runs, so here ya go!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I just finished week 7!! I am going to start week 8 on Wednesday. I'm excited. This last weekend I got wedding 4 of 5 out of the way for the summer so I can concentrate more on running. The cooler weather has been great too! It hasn't gotten above 60 for the last week so the afternoon runs are nice and cool. Smile I can tell my pace has quickened. My husband has been running with me too which has been nice. He'll run 6 to 10 miles and then we'll run together when he gets back. It's nice becuase we actually get to talk to each other, like a real conversation. We are usually busy doing different things, or going places so it's nice to get some one on one time together.

Baby bean!

It's been a hard week to get in my runs, so tomorrow!!!! I can't wait. I wanted to go tonight, but it was Meet the Teacher, so 12 hours in heels just didn't get the running bug going today! Wink

Goals:
        Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Ran OHR W3D1 this morning. We are consistently hitting 3.0-3.1 miles on our 30 minute runs, which is nice. This morning was my first run in a while that didn't feel good--I wasn't suffering, but my legs felt heavy early on. I think I need to work on my breathing at the beginning of the run.
          2008 Goals:
          1. Finish C25K
          2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
          3. Complete One Hour Runner
          erendis

did OHR week2 day 1 (interval version), another 5am run. i can definitely tell that it's getting easier and that i have a "comfortable" pace now. this morning was easy to wake up and get going, much easier than last week but i was still having devil's advocate thoughts like "why am i doing this, just run when you get home", so i'm glad that my husband is running with me now, otherwise i know i would have just crawled back into bed.
            I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

Baby bean!

Just did an easy run...nothing crazy, just something to get us out there! It's been a hectic week with school and a 15 min. easy run is better than no run, right? Wink

Goals:
              Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

UPS finally delivered my shoes on Monday night, so I was able to do my W2D1 of C25K. Today is W2D2. I'm also loving the shoes. They're so much better than the clodhoppers I was using while I waited for my running shoes.

The young Mama Bear!

UPS finally delivered my shoes on Monday night, so I was able to do my W2D1 of C25K. Today is W2D2. I'm also loving the shoes. They're so much better than the clodhoppers I was using while I waited for my running shoes.
                  See? Big grin Great going, everyone! I've been sucky at keeping track of things for the same reasons Wingz couldn't keep doing the charts, but I try to keep up...so proud!
                  Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                  Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                    I did Week 7 Day 2 last night - it was a tough one! Day 1 this week rocked, Day 2? Not so much! I found out today that the mold spore count was 'High' yesterday so that may explain the breathing issues I was having. Couldn't get comfortable, haven't run outdoors in awhile- it all added up to a challenging run! However, I did NOT stop, (why do we do this?) and I pushed through the pain - talked myself into relaxing, focus - anything I could to get comfortable! Finally in the last 5 minutes it started coming together but I was almost done by then so...if nothing else, it was a lesson in 'mind over matter' and pushing through the 'pain'. I hope Day 3 goes a bit better! Everyone here seems to be cruising along! Cheers~
                    Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com
                      FInally finished week 7. It only took me three weeks. It has been slow going since school started but I'm trying to stick to a schedule to make it easier. Now I only have two more weeks!!
                      Goals: Run.
                        Today was our last run before the 5K on Sunday. We hit just a smidge over 5K in 30 minutes, and we both feel like we could have gone faster. It's a nice confidence builder!
                        2008 Goals:
                        1. Finish C25K
                        2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
                        3. Complete One Hour Runner
                        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Wow, so many people close to big milestones --- finishing the C25K, first races, all good stuff. Sounds like everyone is being challenged too which is great. I'm still running 3x per week although I haven't been posting here much about my runs. I'm getting out for 30-45 minutes at a time, never the same length twice in one week. It's good. I'd like to see some improvement in my speed but I know with time that'll happen. I'm putting in the miles and I'm loving it so that's the important part. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

theyapper

On the road again...

I've been at the beach this week on vacation, but I've still gotten runs in. Yesterday was the first time I've ever had to cut a run short to, well, ummm, "go." Other than that, it's been a normal running week even though the scenery has changed.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Just finished Week 2 of C25K. Shew! Started with a headache into today's, and despite some difficulties with the iPod cord and the treadmill (don't know why today was any different, honestly - I was just clumsy, I guess), etc...I pulled it together and got it done. Tongue Modified to correct Week# - I got ahead of myself. It's Week 2 I finished.
                                I've done 3 runs this week so far - 3 miles, 1 mile, 3 miles. I can't seem to get past the 3 mile point. My joints just don't seem to be able to handle it yet. I don't want to injure myself like I did during C25k when I had to take a month off. I plan on starting a wait loss program next week so I'm hoping that losing a few pounds might make things easier. My doctor also really emphasized strength training, which I haven't done yet. I need to start that though, I'm getting frustrated.