Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

New Mom and SIL working on getting back into running... (Read 179 times)

Mom =)

My SIL and I have been running for 6 weeks, 5-6 days a weeks w/intervals of 1:30 run/1 min walk for 40 min (amounts to @ 3 mi)

I'm thinking of trying this program- and figuring maybe we should start at week 3.

Do any of ya'll more run longer  than it says or would it be better to stick to the said time? and is 5-6 days a week ok or do we need more recovery time?

also in the 6 weeks we have never bumped up our running time only changed the walk from 1:30 to 1 min- just throwing that in there may not matter

obiebyke

Hey Christy!

Yeah, try C25K. It just works. You'll see people all over these boards saying the same thing: don't skip weeks. So I'd say start at week one and bank on how easy it is. Smile But hey, try a week three workout and see how it feels. I know you've been doing more running than weeks one and two already.

Welcome! Have fun!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

ditto

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.