Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 5/3 - 5/9 (Read 468 times)

You Are Beautiful.

I failed! Sad! Cry I didn't make 25 minutes. I didn't even make 15 consecutive minutes. I ran on the TM. I've got a lot of excuses but basically, I just failed. I'm going to try again today, outside. The good part is that even though I "failed" at the C25k goal, I still ran 1 1/2 in 16 total minutes and burned over 200 calories. So. I still had a good workout (along with my elliptical 'running') but I wish I could've made the goal. So w7d1-- take two!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
    Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Baby bean!

At least you got out there! Wink And don't look at it like you failed! That's so final!!! Instead, look at it like as extra credit! Wink I'm hoping to get out later. I can't go anywhere until the Peapod man comes.

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Extra credit...I like that Smile Just got done with Week 5 Day 2, and couldn't believe how easy the two 8 minute runs felt. Of course I credit that to one, having company for the first time in weeks, and two, running on a track for the first time (rather than concrete). AND my mom made the jump to Week 3, also successfully, so that's very exciting. But the track....comfy and cushy...I think I'm in love. Big grin
          I failed! Sad! Cry I didn't make 25 minutes. I didn't even make 15 consecutive minutes. I ran on the TM. I've got a lot of excuses but basically, I just failed. I'm going to try again today, outside. The good part is that even though I "failed" at the C25k goal, I still ran 1 1/2 in 16 total minutes and burned over 200 calories. So. I still had a good workout (along with my elliptical 'running') but I wish I could've made the goal. So w7d1-- take two!
          What I don't understand after looking at your log is why you ran at such a fast pace? I suspect you could have easily accomplished the 25 minute run if you had backed off to a 11:45 or 12:00 pace. You appear to be executing C25K from the time basis, so why worry about the pace. Just my two unasked for cents.

Baby bean!

Between some family and friend stuff, the past few and next few days are leaving my DH and me without windows to run. So rather than let days lapse, I got out this morning and just ran. I want to keep my body ready to do the 25 minute run for the end of week 6. Well, I thought I'd do the W6 10/10 run again, but instead I plugged through and ran 20 minutes! Without music!!! I started adding up digits in license plates or doubled house numbers...something to keep my mind from thinking about everything else. Granted my pace was almost 12 min. miles, but hey, better than sitting on the couch.

Goals:
            Finish C25K

You Are Beautiful.

Woot sushigirl! I should definitely slow down. You're right. I was running with a new friend and felt the need to 'impress', I guess.

My Storygraph

Well...finishing off this week strong. My mom and I went out for a run (it IS Mother's Day, after all!). She finished week 3, and I successfully completed week 5 and the 20 minute run! Started getting long about 13 minutes in, but by 15 I was able to see the light at the end of the tunnel again. Finished strong!
                  week 6 day two again...i've been off schedule this week so I didnt feel comfortable with my progress this week and that put me at day 3 today...ill just do it tomorrow.

You Are Beautiful.

I feel like I hit my stride again tonight. I was recuperating from last week's 'race'. I guess I didn't realize how hard I had pushed myself. I also spent a bit of time talking with my boyfriend's dad tonight (at Mother's Day dinner) about his marathon/Iron Man/triathlon training. It was motivating. So. Tonight, I did 28:54!! I was running with my boyfriend; his route, my pace. I did 2.5 miles, my longest run ever! Big grin Ta-da! I don't know what I was 'supposed' to do for week 7, day 1 but I'm calling this run 7-1. I feel so good! I'm so close I can taste it!! And, I'm sorry, I can't stop with the exclamation points. And. As a random aside, I taught my boyfriend to drive a manual/clutch/standard today! Cool After almost 7 years of dating, he *finally* let me teach him! He just bought a truck and for some reason, he bought a clutch! Ha. A good day, with big milestones for both of us.

My Storygraph

Baby bean!

I feel like I hit my stride again tonight. I was recuperating from last week's 'race'. I guess I didn't realize how hard I had pushed myself. I also spent a bit of time talking with my boyfriend's dad tonight (at Mother's Day dinner) about his marathon/Iron Man/triathlon training. It was motivating. So. Tonight, I did 28:54!! I was running with my boyfriend; his route, my pace. I did 2.5 miles, my longest run ever! Big grin Ta-da! I don't know what I was 'supposed' to do for week 7, day 1 but I'm calling this run 7-1. I feel so good! I'm so close I can taste it!! And, I'm sorry, I can't stop with the exclamation points. And. As a random aside, I taught my boyfriend to drive a manual/clutch/standard today! Cool After almost 7 years of dating, he *finally* let me teach him! He just bought a truck and for some reason, he bought a clutch! Ha. A good day, with big milestones for both of us.
                      Awesome job!!! Congratulations! Week 7 day 1 is supposed to be 25 minutes or 2.5 miles so you did more time but went the distance! Terrific job! And yay to BF for learning stick. So much fun to drive.

Goals:
                      Finish C25K