Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

weekly thread 5/25 through 5/31 (Read 293 times)

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

PolePole - great job! You'll be on graduation week soon! Good news from chiro today - I can start running again as long as I don't overdo it. I plan to be out first thing tomorrow morning! My back is almost back to normal - still a little tight and sore, but a whole lot better than a week ago!
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Wow, guys! Lookin' great! Rest days are good. I'm learning their value myself right now, as I've had this tendency to clump all my week's runs together at the beginning of the week ... and be hurting the second half of the week!!! Roll eyes I've got the charts updated. Has anyone heard from: TraceyBond slaptear2 Rocky GottheBug danea squeiladee Maybe we should put out an APV on them? Smile Congrats LaineT on your graduation! What's next in the cards for you?

Roads were made for journeys...

Puffer, not huffer

Wow, guys! Lookin' great! Congrats LaineT on your graduation! What's next in the cards for you?
        Oh, nothing as ambitious as OHR runner. I highly commend all of you for doing it; right now, that seems like a bit more than I want to take on. I think I'm just going to keep on trying to hit 3.1 miles 3x a week for a little while. I thought about my goals while I was putting on my shoes today, and I think I'm just going to try and keep my own love of running up. I think that seems fair. As long as I keep getting out there and doing it, I'll move to longer distances when I'm ready. I hope that doesn't come off as casual or blase--nothing could be further than the truth! The pace thing? Well, that's something else--I was ZOOMING today! I got super tired and punked out around 2.4 miles and just couldn't figure out why until I calculated my pace. Around 10:00--and I'm a secure 11 minute runner. Man. I would love to know what happens internally with us that bumps the speed up so much sometimes. Ah well--I may never know. For now, I'm happy with my 11-minute mile. And I'm so happy I had you all with me for this. I'll check in every so often--this was (and still is!) an amazing, supportive group of runners. -Laine Smile
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I've got the charts updated.
          Psst...I got dropped off the updated chart. Saturday is my last run for week 4. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Went out for my first run in two weeks. Back was a little tight when I started, but it got better after the first few minutes. Nothing to record here - but I ran 15 minutes, walked about 3, then ran about another 5 before walking home. Could have done more, but doc said to be careful, so I'm listening. . .
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Psst...I got dropped off the updated chart. Saturday is my last run for week 4. Wink
              Sorry, Meg! I added a runner and forgot to reset the graph parameters. Blush Long story short I'm fixing it right now... Big grin

Wingz

Professional Noob

Oh, nothing as ambitious as OHR runner. I highly commend all of you for doing it; right now, that seems like a bit more than I want to take on. I think I'm just going to keep on trying to hit 3.1 miles 3x a week for a little while. I thought about my goals while I was putting on my shoes today, and I think I'm just going to try and keep my own love of running up. I think that seems fair. As long as I keep getting out there and doing it, I'll move to longer distances when I'm ready. I hope that doesn't come off as casual or blase--nothing could be further than the truth!
                There's something very special about running for the enjoyment of it. My opinion is that letting yourself get addicted to your runs is one of the healthiest choices out there you can make. Good luck to you and keep in touch!

Wingz

Professional Noob

Went out for my first run in two weeks. Back was a little tight when I started, but it got better after the first few minutes. Nothing to record here - but I ran 15 minutes, walked about 3, then ran about another 5 before walking home. Could have done more, but doc said to be careful, so I'm listening. . .
                  Welcome back! (To your running.) Smile

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

No big deal, Wingz! Smile Good call to take it slow, JB!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

gwhutch

OHR w4d3 completed this morning. I'm within 2 seconds of my race pace on these easy training runs. Rode the bike for 8.5 miles as well. The biking is still harder than running at this point. The hills around here are easier to run up than bike, but watch out on the downhills. Also ran in my biking shorts and that felt just fine - no problems.
                      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice! Are you training for a triathlon, gw?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

gwhutch

Yes and it will be my first. It is in September in Dewey Beach, Deleware. It is short and flat and should be a good first effort for me. I am also considering a much longer and hillier tri in October.