Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

What was your hardest week? (Read 219 times)

Baby bean!

I am not doing C25K per se, but something similar. I'm just curious. What was your hardest week to break through?

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

I didn't find any one of the weeks in particular to be especially hard physically. Mentally though, the first long run (of 20 minutes, I think) was daunting beforehand.
      2008 Goals:
      1. Finish C25K
      2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
      3. Complete One Hour Runner
        I haven't really had any weeks that were hard to break through physically, except when I've injured myself. Mentally the 20 minute run freaked me out, but I completed it the first time I attempted it. I think I've had the hardest time adjusting to the runs with no intervals...I keep wanting to break it up into two 15 minute runs vs 30 minutes straight. Just feels more doable somehow.
        2009 Goals:
        PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
        Run a 10K
        Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
        Complete my first Sprint Tri
        erendis

week 8 is definitely the hardest for me thus far- even when I made the jump to 20min, I was feeling strong. I don't think my difficulty with w8 is due to the program though- I think my body is just trying to get over a "hump" now that I'm consistently demanding the longer run. everyone is sure to be different though.
          I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
          theyapper

On the road again...

The first one. Big grin It took me many, many years to finally start. Wink

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

running buddies

Week five, without a doubt. I finished that 20 minute run the first time through, but felt bad, bad, bad. Lost all motivation to run the next time, so I went back and repeated week 5. Best decision I think I've ever made. In the past when I'd hit a bad time like that, I'd just try to push on through, and then shortly after that I'd give up and go back to "I'm just not a runner" or "I just don't like running". This time I have let myself slow down and slow down and not push on when I felt bad. And I'm now running more often and longer than ever before in my life, and, most importantly, I like it. Shy
              "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
              redleaf

Mine was a little earlier - I'm not doing the C25 but something similar - for me the first week I had to do 5 min run 1 min walk x 8 I couldn't do it. Made 5 times but failed part way through 6.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

so far none of the weeks have been too hard for me to do. today was the hardest though. im in week 6 and the first part of the run i went too fast so the second part was super hard.
                  Goals: Run.

Baby bean!

Mine was a little earlier - I'm not doing the C25 but something similar - for me the first week I had to do 5 min run 1 min walk x 8 I couldn't do it. Made 5 times but failed part way through 6.
                    See, this was what I was doing and in early weeks, I was fine. Now I think I'm at the point where, as I said in another post, 1 minute is not enough recovery.

Goals:
                    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

The young Mama Bear!

I distinctly remember: W4D2 W6D1 and D2 and W7, W8 and W9D1 and W9D2. Let's just say the last 3 weeks were a push for me.
                      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.