Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Time to get going (Read 268 times)

Hi!! Guess it is time to kick my funk in the butt and get back to running!! Thanks Wingz

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Here here! I read another of your posts describing your recent struggles, and can relate to what you are saying. Whatever you can do on each day is a step toward where you want to be. Each step is progress. Keep at it! PolePole (slowly slowly)
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome, Gregg! Good to see ya again. You should know that a lot of people repeat weeks in the couch-to-5K (C25K) program. It took me about 12 to get through something very similar, and that was with no health issues other than being out of shape and weighing way too much. So... try week 1, and if it's hard for you, do it again. Repeat any week that seems difficult until it's no longer difficult, and you'll come out of this in fine shape. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Not a great run and a really bad pace with a lot of shin pain!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Wingz

Professional Noob

Not a great run and a really bad pace with a lot of shin pain!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Okay, Gregg - next run? Big grin

Working on it A little down today. After discussing they years injuries and the on and off ITB problems with family and group trainer, I officially benched myself from the Indy HM this Sat. Not even to walk it. Still hard to take even knowing it was the right thing to do

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Gregg. I thought we'd lost you! Not doing the race at this point is probably a good idea. Painful, but good. If you feel up to it, why not volunteer? That way you can be involved in it in some way, maybe still get to see the garages and stuff, and make plans to do it next year? So, what are the recovery plans?