Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Does anyone want to take over ownership of this group? (Read 278 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm looking for someone who's made it through the C25K program, enjoys sharing their experiences with others, and will watch over the group, making sure newbies feel welcome, things stay civil, and a supportive atmosphere continues. Also must expect to continue being active on this group for the forseeable future and will pass on leadership responsibly when the position is no longer desired. If you want to continue with the charts, I'll get you set up and oriented. It's not hard. Promise. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Are you leaving us? Cry

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

Wingz

Professional Noob

Are you leaving us? Cry
        I am finding that I'm having less time available to keep up with everything... and school's starting back in just a few weeks. I'd like to see ownership transferred before school starts up because I don't expect to be able to pay attention to much, and y'all deserve better than that! Tongue I'll stick around in a lurking capacity, but don't expect me to see any posts unless it's a thread titled "Wingz..." Blush

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'd be willing to give it a try. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'd be willing to give it a try. Smile
            I think you'd do great. I do, however, want to leave this message out for at least a few days to give others a chance to respond too. Wink

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Absolutely. Is it possible to have two owners for the group? That might work well for those times when a person gets busy.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

The young Mama Bear!

I nominate Meg and The Yap (yes, that's my nickname for him starting now). Wingz, don't leave us! Who else would be the martial artist/running guru?
                Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                theyapper

On the road again...

I nominate Meg and The Yap (yes, that's my nickname for him starting now).
                  What? We're nominating now?? Big grin Seriously, I'd be open to helping out. That co-owner thing that Meg mentioned sounds like a great idea, but I'm cool either way. I'm guessing the biggest job time wise would be reading through the weekly threads to find who is where in each program, correct? Then update the google charts? Of course, my nomination is that you keep doing it, Wingz.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

The young Mama Bear!

There's nothing wrong with nominations. Big grin How about Wingz keeps doing it with the help of two others? You know, an "honorary"' owner with two helpers.
                    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                    theyapper

On the road again...

So, if we do it, will we get the low down on how to make those fancy graphs over at Google Docs? I've played around some, but I'm not sure I'm doing them right.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I say Meg and The Yap! Meg is super encouraging and manages to acknowlege and cheer on everyone in her posts. The Yap is just neat-o and nice and has a great avatar pic. BTW: Anyone notice that they both list "writer" in their profiles. A+

More turtle than hare...

This is the most civil transfer of power I've ever witnessed! Where are the debates, the mud-slinging, the hidden agendas?!? Runners are just too kind! Tongue
                            This is the most civil transfer of power I've ever witnessed! Where are the debates, the mud-slinging, the hidden agendas?!? Runners are just too kind! Tongue
                            Although they may be shoe-ins, I think Meg and Yap must now post campaign slogans.

Wingz

Professional Noob

I've updated the charts to look a little prettier and will be happy to teach anyone who wants to keep them up how to. I'm making the spreadsheets publicly available at: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p2tq-nMzOyRnwPiet9r1cUw&hl=en. At this point, anyone can edit them. So long as there remains no abuse, this will continue. C25K is on the first page, and OHR is on the second. CanadianMeg and TheYapper66 are already admins, who have the power to edit the home page. The spreadsheets are on googledocs, and I've made links on the home page to the graphs produced by each of the spreadsheets. If anyone has problems with the spreadsheets, please email me directly at yanelh@hotmail.com.

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm going to start a sticky'ed thread at the top of the forum here specifically for posting what week you're in. When the group was new it was really easy to keep on top of who was in what week. Now that we have more people, it's hard to pick out who is on what week. If everyone posts in the new thread JUST what week they're on, it'll be much easier to keep up the chart.