Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly thread - June 8-14 (Read 325 times)

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Wow, you all have been busy. I've been MIA - we were in Boston for my nephew's graduation from MIT. The only running I did was one lap around the MIT track. Back to my schedule starting tomorrow morning. Welcome to all the new people.
      I went out tonight on my very first run with my DH. Shocked Super intimidating since hes a lot faster than me and has been running a lot longer but he was really great and kept right in pace with me and pushed the kiddos in the jogging stroller.
      Yelie
      theyapper

On the road again...

After trying to decide which program to try after finishing the C25K, I settled on the One Hour Runner. I think that program will help me build a good, solid base of miles. My first run today was supposed to be 30 minutes, but I took it really easy (11m/m pace) and ran for 33 minutes. Felt great.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hi everybody. 2 weeks off - 1 because it wouldn't stop raining in the UK and 1 because I was in a deep depression. Best way out is to run and run, so last night I went for Day 1 of Week 5 again and managed to complete it - JUST!
          theyapper

On the road again...

Hi everybody. 2 weeks off - 1 because it wouldn't stop raining in the UK and 1 because I was in a deep depression. Best way out is to run and run, so last night I went for Day 1 of Week 5 again and managed to complete it - JUST!
            Good job getting back out there. Week 5 is a big one - sure you'll do great!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Yelie - I love it when my DH will run with me. He is much faster, but every once in awhile, he uses my run as his warmup and just continues on when I'm done. theyapper66 - OHR sounds like a good plan for you. And you are fast compared to some of us here. meltchett - welcome back to running. We will have to watch out for you so you don't go back to the depression/no running state again. Big grin I went out and did a 30 minute run this morning and it felt great. I'm somewhere in the early weeks of OHR - I need to pull out my spreadsheet to see exactly where I'm at. We have a lot of travel planned these next few weeks, so it will be a challenge to stay on course.
              obiebyke

yapper, welcome to OHR. Wingz, when you have a sec, can you make the OHR graph 10 weeks long and put me at week 9? Danke.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Wingz

Professional Noob

yapper, welcome to OHR. Wingz, when you have a sec, can you make the OHR graph 10 weeks long and put me at week 9? Danke.
                  Your wish is my command. Evil grin

Roads were made for journeys...

obiebyke

hey! Tongue

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

I just ran W3D1! I thought it was going to feel a lot worse, but I surprised myself... it felt really good. I really thought I was going to stuggle and feel like crap by the end, but by the time I was done I was like "that was it!?!" I can't wait to run again! Big grin
                      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I think I gained a lot of confidence from the week5/day3 run. Today was the first run of week 6 and I ran further than I ever have so far in C2K (1.94 miles, previous high 1.7) and my pace was the best it's been so far. I know I don't need to be worrying about pace yet, but it was cool to see when I logged my run. I felt good during the run; I knew I was pushing a bit harder, but it wasn't too much. I'm looking forward to my next run! Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I just ran W3D1! I thought it was going to feel a lot worse, but I surprised myself... it felt really good. I really thought I was going to stuggle and feel like crap by the end, but by the time I was done I was like "that was it!?!" I can't wait to run again! Big grin
                          I love runs like that!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Whoot! Big grin

Wingz

Professional Noob

More turtle than hare...

Yikes, my contribution to the catch-up thread is a confession! I didn't run today because I finished a crazy weekend entertaining the in-laws, plus it was crazy hot here I was able to come up with enough excuses to keep my butt on the couch. However, I did go on Saturday (like I promised myself) and will haul myself out there early tomorrow, before the real heat of the day starts... Mimi, CanadianMeg, Yapper, good work with your runs. It's good to be reminded of the fun parts of this sport - it's the shot in the arm I need! Melchett, some of my favourite runs have been in the rain. People (specifically non-runners) think you're crazy, but it's so very refreshing! Good for you to get out there, so much of the strength needed is just in getting out the door.