Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Let's post our runs here.... (Read 531 times)

you GO Michele!!!  Get out of that bed NOW!!

My 12 hour nightshifts are over....now I can recover and start thinking about getting going again...as soon as this round of bronchitis gets gone a little bit more.

I did reward myself with a new pair of Brooks Ghost 4s for all the hard work over the last 6 weeks and in preparation for getting out on the street.

Ann - never give up!

cagery, good luck on getting started, that is the hardest part.

Yay me!  Got out of bed this morning with time to spare, and got a run in!  Nice 32 minute jaunt through the darkness, my favorite time of day to run, I had forgotten this!  It was nice and cool this morning, too, which helped me break a 15 min/mile pace.  What a great way to start the day!

Michele in NC

okay...got started...now I have to be careful not to go too fast and blow up something...completed day 2 this morning....whoo hoo...at this rate, I will be done with the 8 week program in 4 months...Blush

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, cagery.  I've added your name to the list of runners and you can update your progress each week with the form found here.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Good job, cagery.  I've added your name to the list of runners and you can update your progress each week with the form found here.

Thanks Paul!!!

Welcome to the club, cagery.

Well, the sun got to me on my 38 min run this morning, and I took a 3 min walk break around the 20 min mark.  I've been holding off getting up earlier on Sundays to run, but it looks like I'm going to have to give in because it is warming up too much.   The heat really affects me badly, it was only 60 but the sun was beating down (I have a tan line to prove it!).  Made it 2.55 miles today, looking forward to breaking that 5k barrier some day soon.

Michele in NC

Well, the sun got to me on my 38 min run this morning, and I took a 3 min walk break around the 20 min mark.  I've been holding off getting up earlier on Sundays to run, but it looks like I'm going to have to give in because it is warming up too much.   The heat really affects me badly, it was only 60 but the sun was beating down (I have a tan line to prove it!).  Made it 2.55 miles today, looking forward to breaking that 5k barrier some day soon.

I feel your pain - I missed the sunday morning cool and instead, went out at 5:30 in the afternoon - at a nice and cool temperature of 84 degrees...egads....sure slowed things down a bit...

theyapper

On the road again...

Been a hot week so far here in NC.  I did run this morning while it was still 60°, but my Monday run happened in the evening and it was 81°. Don't enjoy the hot weather at all.

Hope everyone is able to get out earlier than the heat.

Paul

I still try and go out when it is hot out so I can handle the heat during races...

but it still is kind of a pain to run when the temp hits 80+ like it has my last few runs...today was a jump in mileage....up to 2.4.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend

theyapper

On the road again...

Awesome job on the mileage jump, cagery!

Paul

being the cynic - I will think it is awesome when I run the entire 2.4 miles and my legs haven't blown up Joking

I probably should try and slow down just a bit until the end of week 3 and then start increasing the speed...

Awesome job on the mileage jump, cagery!

Thanks..

Kelly

OK, I admit it...I am having a very tough time getting out of bed to run!  This is the 3rd week I've been slacking!  Well, I went to bed at 9 pm last night...you read that right, NINE PM!  That seemed to help, as I was ready to get out of bed at 5 am this morning and got my run in.  I hate to think that I'm going to have to do that every night, but I guess the sacrifice will be worth it (eventually).

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

sorry for being so absent of late. I've been getting out there sporadically, trying to get head screwed on again. Dealing with effects of medication changes and new set of reactions, as well as the associated mental gymnastics it requires. Just have to work it out. Got out there this morning for 2.4 slow BF miles. Took about 50 min. Wanted to enjoy the cooler 64f weather while its here. Hope the mornings don't get as hot as last year so I don't have to use the gym...

ya'll keep at it! Keep on keeping on!

bob e v
                              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

You're always welcome, bobev.  Good job in getting back out there, good to see you're still hitting the pavement barefoot.  Brave man!  I went out for 33 min this morning, looks like I'm on week 4 of OHR, got it done despite the weatherman being wrong...they forecast it to be much cooler this morning than it was, so I dressed in tights, wrong move!  Still got it done, though, and GOT OUT OF BED!  It was close, though, to being another sleep in morning, lol!

Michele in NC