Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Winter running (Read 5 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

So the problem with DH and me restarting c25k in winter is that we hate running in cold, snow, rain, ice, etc.  We're much better at running when it's 85 out than when it's 35 out.  So we slacked off for a few weeks, and then restarted yesterday.  DH thought we should back up a week, so we're on week 2 again.  And we'll probably wimp out again before the season is over, but I'm not fussed.  We'll probably finish the 8-week program some time in May ...  Big grin

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dutchie42

It's better to restart all the time, then to give up and never give a another try Wink

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Singer who runs a smidge

If only I could restart successfully week after week!  Wink

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

You might be more inclined to run during cold weather if you have appropriate gear.  It doesn't have to be expensive.  I wear cotton gardening gloves, long johns under my sweat pants, etc.  Then again I'm only running for about 2 miles at a snail's pace.  I figure I'll grow into better gear next year ... but I won't need the gear next year if I don't make running a habit now.

That said, run when you want to ... if the weather is bad, push your workout to the next day ... it's all good.  You'll get to the end of the program if you make running a habit that you plan into your schedule ... even if it takes til May.  Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

I actually have pretty good gear -- Sugoi sub-zero tights, long-sleeve tech shirts, jacket, sweatshirt, beanie, etc.  Even reflective gear.  My problem is that I'm very cold-natured.  I've been known to grab a blanket in the summer if DH turns on the ceiling fan.  It's all good.  I'm hoping to get back to swimming toward the end of this week.  I've been avoiding the rush of new semester students.  Hopefully it's thinned out a bit by now ...