Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Anybody there? (Read 283 times)

Well an illness and a cold, cold, cold front totally knocked me out of my running shoes...it has been very hard to pick myself up. I have moved the treadmill from the cold garage into the warm kitchen - not pretty, but it is what will allow me to continue Tongue I started back up today with week 5, where I was when I fell off the wagon. It felt soooo good to run some. Yes
    Life is Good :D http://ttjk.wordpress.com Couch to 5K support group // Back of The Packers group
    Wingz

Professional Noob

I've been here, but this group's not been real active. Undecided Way to get back on the wagon. Big grin How's it going now?

Roads were made for journeys...

Great! It's terrible how you can get in a discouraged funk and forget how good it feels...I have moved on to day 2 of week 5, having to repeat day 1 only once, so at least I'm not totally having to start over. It's 7am and I just finished my workout and I'm just so excited to be back at it. When I started, I hated the treadmill and did all my runs outside, but with this cold weather, I'm thankful enough to say I love my treadmill....it's saved me from giving up Big grin Thanks for your support! I read your goals. Way to go - you are an inspiration! Good luck with your Black Belt prep and testing. One of my Girl Scouts' moms is a BB in TKD. That's a big accomplishment Cool I can't wait until I'm running miles instead of minutes Tongue
        Life is Good :D http://ttjk.wordpress.com Couch to 5K support group // Back of The Packers group
        Wingz

Professional Noob

You'll get there! Big grin You'll be surprised how quickly you'll adapt if you keep at it. I've found a similar thing with not running - when I've not run for a while first I get what I call "itchy legs" where I've got all this extra energy I feel I have to use up. If I don't run when my legs itch, I get in a kind of funk and it feels ike everything just kind of "cloggs up" inside. Kind of like when you've got a chest cold and you've got a bunch of gunk in your lungs. It then takes me several days of running to "clear out the crud" if you will. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

I do believe I'll get there. It's exciting just thinking about it. Itchy legs! I like it. Sticking my tongue out at the 45° rainy day and getting on the treadmill within the hour. I hope it's not a bad idea - I ran yesterday, but I'm doing the C25K, and I'm in week 5, so it's only about 30 minutes, and everything I've read says to listen to your body. But I've also read not to run every day...I'm guessing that's for people like you who really log some miles, though. I feel like running today (itchy legs), even though I did it yesterday. It's not like I haven't learned to hear my body, though; I was running before starting the C25K, but someone suggested I start over with it, because I was really stuck on a distance/time plateau with the other program I was using.