Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

My first 5k (Read 138 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

This was the 5k I had in mind when I first started the C25K program back in April, and it felt good to kind of put a finishing touch on the program. A couple of weeks ago my sister decided she wanted to do it with me, and since she hasn't run in years, I didn't even worry about our time. I just wanted to take in the full experience - race day, time with my sister, that sort of thing. What a blast! I had a great time running with my sister - she did really well. Her goal was to run the first 2 miles before we walked, and we got close. She needed a minute walk or so around 1.75 miles. I think we walked twice, or maybe three times, but still came in right at 36 minutes (she was 55th at 36:04 and I was 56th at 36:05 - of course, I let her win Big grin ). Best part was that I was able to talk her through it pretty much the entire time, which means that I could have gone a good bit faster. I really wasn't that tired at the end. I don't know how I did as far as placement for age group and gender. I'll update that when I find out. Can't wait to do another one. Keep up all the hard work, everybody. It is so worth it!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Wingz

Professional Noob

Way to go! How great that you got to run with your sister. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

How awesome your first race was such a good one! Next time, take the win though. Can't let her have them all. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

theyapper

On the road again...

Next time, take the win though. Can't let her have them all. Wink
          Umm. Absolutely. She got a break today. Next time, if she hasn't put in the time to train, I'm leaving her at the end. Wink

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul