Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

OK now. What are your goals for Aug? (Read 395 times)

Hi All.  Interesting to read about what you people did in July. 

Sushigirl,   I'm also doing 30 min, and am on week9, thinking about what to do next.  I am on the Oregon Coast, and it has been cool here, and beautiful, and not hot like it is in the valley 65 miles to the East.  Thank goodness.  Every day has been perfect for running. 

Wingz, I should be letting myself take the walk break too, but have a hard time.  You know, not wanting to let up any at all.  I like your saying that running is an experiment for you.  That applies to me too.  I am 70, and am facinated with learning just what I can do!  Kind of a fun game.

lancesmom, Congratulations on finishing!   Good girl!   As far as your having been on week 8for a while, don't feel bad.  I was on week 5 for two months.  I had to break it down to tiny changes, and worked my way to more minutes.  After that, the other weeks have been routine.  I should be done in a week. 

onomatopoeia, you and I are in the same place.  Doesn't it feel good? Changing from time to distance might be what I do next  too.  From the first, what I really do is run as far as I can, and then walk until I feel I can run.  

JennerVT  Nice to see you here.  For me, week 4 had to be repeated, then week 5 was hard,and the rest not bad at all.  Good luck. 

OK now, What do all of you have for goals for August?    Here are mine:

1.I am doing a 4.4 mile race on the 15th, and as I finish up C25K, I am also getting ready the best I can for that race.  It is my anniversary race - the first one I did was a year agoat the same exact race.  My three daughtes will all be running, and maybe a grandson or two.  We are all very excited, because we have not all been togeather for many years. 

2.   I'm worried that I am getting slower as I am able to run longer.  Can't tell for sure, because I don't have any exact measurements of how far I am going.   Well, I will learn something on that race.

3.   I want to do more hill work on my trail behind the house.  I'm not that strong. Also core work exercises.

4.   Decide and impliment what I will do as soon as C25K is through.  Maybe the 1Hr. program or ?

What are the goals for others?       Woods Lady

My Little Pony hair.

Tomorrow, providing I remember to plug in the freakin Ipod, I'll be doing w9d3.  I've taken about 6 months to do a 9 "week" program, but I've finished it, which is better than not finishing, or never starting it.

My plans after that are undecided.  I'm thinking of doing continuing the c25k outdoors (I'm on w5d1 doing the time method), but my other thought is that since my route is 2.5k I'll just keep lengthening it until I can make it a full 5k.  On the treadmill, I'm probably going to do the One Hour Runner.

Non-running plans involve copious amounts of crocheting and working on some sea-glass pendants to sell so that I can actually pay off some bills Smile

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
      • run 1000k
      • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

I'm actually modifying my running plan away from C25K somewhat, and incorporating more of a general run/walk plan.  Today I ran 2 miles in 25:25 (run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, repeat until I hit 2 miles).  That's a 12:43 pace.  If I keep the same intervals and ran a whole 5K I'll finish it a LOT faster than I finished my 5K last year running nonstop.  But, that's not to say that I don't ideally want to be able to run longer distances non-stop, so I'm going to do 2 run/walks per week, and one "long" run, which will be starting out at a half mile this week.  A half mile is a little pathetic to call "long" but it's longer than the quarter-mile I cover in 3 minutes now, so I figure it's a place to start.  I'll gradually increase my "long" run until I hit 5K.  At the same time I hope to get my interval sets from 2:1 to something more like 4:1.  I'll blow my PR outta the water if I can be successful with all that Smile

Oh yes and the registration finally opened up for the 3.6 mile Harpoon Brewery road race in October, can't wait.  Although the course is HILLY, really hilly.  But it'll be worth it for free beer and brats!

2009 Goals:
        PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
        Run a 10K
        Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
        Complete my first Sprint Tri

My Little Pony hair.

Oh yes and the registration finally opened up for the 3.6 mile Harpoon Brewery road race in October, can't wait.  Although the course is HILLY, really hilly.  But it'll be worth it for free beer and brats!

There's a 5k around here in the fall that's  called "Finish for a Guinness", starting and ending at a local bar.  If I can actually get to the point where I can do 5k, I'm more than willing to get up early on a weekend and get a beer at 10am.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
          • run 1000k
          • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Wingz

Professional Noob

This month seems to be just a kind of "treading water" month for me.  I don't have any major plans, and there are enough changes going on in other parts of my life that I'd just like to get through August without losing any fitness and with having no new injuries.  I don't think that's too much to ask.  Mixing up barefoot with shod running seems to be taking care of the foot pains that showed up with strictly barefoot running.  Streaking still gets me moving and out the door.  I'll hit a half year this month - a half year of running at least 1 mile every day.  You'd think I'd be thin as a rail... or at least faster... by now.  But I'm not.  At least I'm still running.

A lot of people in this group are finishing up or have finished up the C25K program recently.  It's time to bring in fresh blood new recruits!  Encouraging someone else to make running a part of their life really helps make it a bigger part of yours!

Roads were made for journeys...

Our goal for August is to start upping the ante again!  Last month was definitely a "treading water" month for me....due greatly in part to work 70 hour weeks at work.  At that point I called it good if I could even get out once a week, and was surprised how well I did on that light of a shcedule.  But I'm ready for more!  Work will finally be settling back down, so I'll fill that time with running   So...back to a regular schedule, and then on to the next plan to start adding distance.  We're toying with the idea trying a run/walk half in early December, and have been looking over Hal Higdon's novice half marathon plan....