Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Feb 2-Feb 8 (Read 257 times)

Tortoise

Week 9, Day 2 was tonight. I am SO excited for Wednesday and the last workout of C25K!
    "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

Congratulations =). Unfortunately I am stuck I am hoping to pick back up this week. I've felt in the gutter for the past week and a half and went to the GP on saturday to find out I have strep throat. Black eye I've been on antibiotics 2 days and still no improvement and I was told I would see improvement after 24 hours. Hopefully I can start back up before I have to go back to week 1.
      jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Week 9, Day 2 was tonight. I am SO excited for Wednesday and the last workout of C25K!
        Graduation week! Congruatulations! What's next? Teresta - Hang in there. You need to take care of yourself before you start running.

Tortoise

What's next? Well, I'm planning to start OHR on Monday, so I guess we'll see how that goes...
          "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

i did week 2 day 3 today. i went really slow but it felt good. i sped up for the last 45 secs. and it felt really good.
            Goals: Run.

Tortoise

Week 9, Day 3 -- and it felt SO good. I did it. I graduated. Smile Smile Smile Couldn't have got there without you guys. Thank you. So much.

Roses Revenge

As I expected, this was a bad week. I work in a tax office and this is our busiest time of year - in fact, I've had only 3 days off work in the last month. So I managed W1D1 last weekend and since I'm only scheduled to work to noon today will get in W1D2 this afternoon. I did walk a couple miles yesterday evening, but didn't run because I wouldn't have had time to shower afterwards before another obligation. I expect it to be a couple more weeks before I can get past Week 1.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

rdmsgirl

Marie

Congrats!!!! I have graduated - just haven't been here for awhile, but I'm officially done with c25k Big grin
                  jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Week 9, Day 3 -- and it felt SO good. I did it. I graduated. Smile Smile Smile Couldn't have got there without you guys. Thank you. So much.
                    Congratulations!
                      i did w3d2 today. it's been pretty uneventful so far. it's becoming more comfortable now. i think it will be easy to slowly add more time.
                      Goals: Run.
                        Hope to do Week 7 day 3 tomorrow! So far so good! Only problem is I am travelling abroad for 10 days starting Friday, and I have a feeling there won't be enough hours in the day for a run. My goal is to run twice over the course of the trip. We'll see what happens!
                        johnnfrankfort

after a long layoff i started back again today with w1d1 hopefully i can get all the way to the end this time. i was so close last time..
                          goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min