Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Testing, 1,2,3...Anybody Here? Week of 1/16 (Read 315 times)

Just started, W1D1 after a four month layoff.  I was out of breath during the running portions, so I need to slow it down a bit.  I wish I could string some time together running, I seem to quit just as my times start to come down.

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I'm still monitoring...

Habits take a few weeks to get set in place. Stick with it, it does get easier... and the pain will also ease off after awhile.

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Giant Flaming Dork

I restarted a while ago. W3D2 yesterday. 

http://xkcd.com/621/

Thanks for the encouragement, bobev.  Girmann, looks like you made a New Year's resolution, as did I, to get back at it.  Way to keep it up!  I actually had to walk for two weeks before beginning the c25k.

Brisk walk this morning, looking forward to running again tomorrow.

Michele in NC

C25K W1D2, still out of breath on the running portions...wow, I only had a 4 month layoff, though it was a lazy time I expected this to be easier!

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Slow down on the running portion. Stay in conversational range, even if it means walking. Gotta build endurance gradually. Going to fast will generate injuries - been there, done that, got more than one t-shirt

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

De-slacking in progress

Restarted again. Was on week 7and and life got in the way. Went ahead and picked up where I left off @ W7D1. Probably not wise way to restart after a month off but I ran slowly and it felt ok.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

No advice here, slaptear2, but welcome back!  W1D3 for me today, didn't feel any easier, but I'm looking forward to stretching my legs a bit with week 2.

Michele in NC

Got in a nice, brisk walk today in mild but overcast weather.  Looking forward to beginning week 2 tomorrow!

Michele in NC

Skipped the run yesterday, as I didn't feel well, so I started week 2 of c25k this morning.  It went well, but I'm still going out too fast.  It's amazing to me that I could lose fitness this much since October, but I've also gained weight so I'm sure that's impacting my fitness as well.  Should be walking tomorrow.

Michele in NC

Got in my second run of week 2 today.  It did feel a smidgen easier today, so maybe I'm going in the right direction.  Busy week ahead, happy running all!

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Got in my second run of week 2 today.  It did feel a smidgen easier today, so maybe I'm going in the right direction.  Busy week ahead, happy running all!

Good job Ben! Keep it up. I finished my 4th half marathon this morning. Overactive bladder clobbered me so no PB but I finished which was main goal! Took me abt 20 months from starting C25K to be able to run a half. So keep up the good work!

bob e v

Skipped the run yesterday, as I didn't feel well, so I started week 2 of c25k this morning.  It went well, but I'm still going out too fast.  It's amazing to me that I could lose fitness this much since October, but I've also gained weight so I'm sure that's impacting my fitness as well.  Should be walking tomorrow.

You are not alone.  I was up to 5 miles in October.  Now I'm in W4 rebuilding a base.  As far as the weight goes, I'm right there too.  Maybe you shouldn't have such a strong pie-bond.  Smile  Sorry about that groaner, but I couldn't resist when I saw your name.

Oh, boy, Chup, that was a bad, bad joke! lol  I remember you from last year (I had a different screen name).  Glad to see you're still hanging in there!

Michele in NC