Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 7/24-7/30 (Read 298 times)

I took a few days off to lay down some wood laminate flooring.  Still have a days worth of trim to do, but the bulk of it is done.  I owe a big thank you to my brother-in-law and oldest boy.  The floor looks great and we worked well together as a team.

Ran on the trail with the dog this morning.  An uneventful hot, humid run.  At least it's done and tomorrow is just a short run.  Smile  I hope everyone is having fun running this week!

Short run on the trail this morning.  The dog stayed home to relax with the kids in the basement.  I finally saw a blue heron fishing along the creek right where the kids and I hunt for crawdads and minows.  It's been two years since I last saw a heron there.  I hope this portends good luck coming my way! 

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Good job Chup! I've had to back down a bit with my Chi's. Zoe hurt her leg jumping off my bed the other day. At least she's standing on 4 legs now and does some walking on all 4 which confirms is more sprain than anything worse. giving her 1/2 low dose enteric coated aspirin a couple of times per day. 

I did 97 min on dreadmill this am while watching GI Joe (helps avoid dreadmill boredom) in the Gyms Cardio room. Getting used to the dreadmills... never thought I'd say that! LOL

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Ran on the trail with the dog again this morning.  I intended to run continuously but a fast pace and humid weather did me in and I turned it into an interval workout of sorts.  Oh well.  Tomorrow is another day. 

Short easy run on the trail with the dog this morning.  I thought I would beat a storm but it started to rain and then thunder and lightning about half way through.  We were drenched and more than a little concerned about the lightning!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Ya'll keep at it ya here! I'm heading for the airport in a bit and might not check in until mid next week. Am on injured list after hurting calf avoiding falling on my 5mo grandson. 

Keep on keeping on!

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Monday - I was supposed to run but we had some crazy rain and I ended up spending my running time draining the pool before it overflowed.  

Wednesday - Ran for 32 minutes straight.  I was nervous to run because Monday was the first run I've missed since Memorial day, but everything went good.

Today - Humid and ready to rain at any minute.  I was dragging today, pace was slower, but when I reached 32 minutes, I decided to go another minute, then at 33 I said "I can go one more".  So I clocked in 34 minutes today.  Felt much better at the end than the beginning.

I might try and throw in a "short" run tomorrow to make up for Monday.

bobev - heal quick!

chup - I'm sick of this humidity too.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Ran on the trail with the dog this humid morning.  Even though I kept the pace in check I was drained by the end of the run and I looked like I had just stepped out of the pool.  It had been in my mind to increase my longer runs by a half mile in the first part of August and then again in the second half, but I'm not so sure this morning.  Of course, sometimes you just don't know if you can do something until you try.

bobev - Good luck for a quick recovery.

DigitalFirefly - Nice job on the 34 minute run!

Guess who ran 3.1 miles today.  

<---- This guy.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

theyapper

On the road again...

<---- This guy.

Awesome!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

<---- This guy.

You are hooked, baby!  Way to go!