Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Quick intro (Read 198 times)

I finished the C25K last week and am currently in week one of the OHR program with two runs under my belt. I just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. I came to C25K after walking for a couple months and was ready to ramp up my workouts in a way that was fun. I used to love running years ago but getting started was going to be hard with the extra weight and out of control asthma. The C25K worked beautifully and I can't wait till I can feel like a runner. I run 4 days a week instead of three because my lungs do much better without two days in a row off. I also do P90 but running comes first. I want to be able to run the crazy trails nearby so that is my main goal. A half marathon and marathon are in my distance future though.
    You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
      The C25K worked beautifully and I can't wait till I can feel like a runner.
      Welcome! If you run, you are a runner!! Wink

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yep, feel like a runner now. Runners run. Nice to see you here. Smile What is P90?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Thank you for the welcome! P90 is a 3 month dvd bootcamp. It alternates cardio and weight training 6 days a week. I'm doing the older set until I am strong enough to do P90 masters and P90X next year. I think it should be good for running as it has a lot of core work and plyometrics etc.
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome quotidianlight, and congrats on finishing the C25K program! I'm adding you to our OHR list. Smile Like gruetzgirl said so well, if you run, you're a runner. All you have to do is claim the title for yourself. Try saying it out loud, perhaps the next time you run: "I am a runner!" Big grin I can see you're already doing quite a few things that successful runners do. You pay attention to your body's needs ("my lungs do much better without two days in a row off."), you do cross-training and strengthening (P90), you make long-term goals ("A half marathon and marathon are in my distance future"), you have reasonable short-term goals ("I want to be able to run the crazy trails nearby"), you have the ability to discipline yourself to follow a training schedule (completeing the C25K program) and you follow very reasonable progressions (First walking for a few months, then doing the C25K, then OHR). In short, you totally have what it takes to be a successful long-term runner. You've already demonstrated all the qualities you need. Now it's just a matter of continuing to put them into practice. Way to go! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Welcome! You are definitely a runner, and you are on the road to a lifetime of running. Stick to the programs - they do work!
                Thanks wingz, I don't feel like a runner yet but I know that day will come and am just enjoying the journey. Your responses were such a wonderful brightening end to my day. I'm still wondering around and looking at various threads so far but I like what I see so far.