Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 7/3-7/9 (Read 326 times)

W6D3. Wow it was humid out today.  The second mile was much easier than the first.  I think that's just because of the route I run, the first half is hilly.  W7 starts Tuesday!

Started c25k on 5/30/11

DigitalFirefly - Congrats on completing W6!  I always find the first mile harder though I suspect in my case it's because I walk and stretch  a bit and then use the mile as a sort of warm up extension. 

Ran 4 miles on the trail with Copper.  Went out later than usual and saw lots more walker, bikers, and runners.  Even saw fledgling robin and got chased off by the parents for about 30 yards.  I hope everyone is having a good run this weekend.

Ran 2 miles on the trail with Copper.  My legs felt heavy and it was a sluggish run.  On the bright side my miles for the year passed 100!

DigitalFirefly - How did the start of W7 go?

Going to do my W7D1 run tonight.  Last night I went on a run with my wife, it was W1D1 for her.  It's amazing how easy that run is compared to W6.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

W7D1 done. Wow it was hot out.  I was struggling and my legs were sore.  I went directly in the pool afterwards and it made my legs feel much better.  I may have to do that after every run.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Dig - with the heat do you hydrate before running? Take hydration with you? Might want to consider that to avoid that bonky feeling.

I watched an over 2h movie (Transformers) while on a dreadmill in a Gold's Cardio Cinema yesterday. Mostly walked, but did slow jog occasionally. Might count as my long run for the week! LOL that's what I get for getting interested in a sometimes dumb movie... Morning (6am) temps here in Austin are getting into the upper 70's and humid so I'll be doing more gym dreadmill work until it cools down in the fall. Might get to watch more full movies at this rate - the cardio cinema is the coolest area in the gym!

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

W7D2 today. Hot out again.  Anxious to get to week 8.

bob - yeah I drink some water before.  I also bring a 16 oz bottle with me when I run.  

Started c25k on 5/30/11

W7D3 complete.  I decide to take a different route today.  I thought this route was going to be more level than my usual one.  I was wrong.  The first quarter mile was a gradual incline which had my legs burning pretty good by the time I got to the top.  Then around the mid-point of my run I went up a street and it was the steepest incline I've ever gone up.  I almost jogged the whole thing, but I had to walk for about 15 seconds to make it up the top.  My calf muscles were like rocks, but once I made it to the top I was fine.  W8 starts Monday!

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Giant Flaming Dork

W1D3 finished.  That took way too long.  I know I need to wake up earlier to get these runs in...

http://xkcd.com/621/