Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 4/19-4/25 (Read 419 times)

I am on week five day two but I repeated day 1 again today. I did not feel comfortable moving on to day 2 of week 5 since I had trouble finishing the last 5 minute run in day 1. But I did manage to finish day 1 with no problem today! I think I am gona have to drag out this week into next week. Anyone find themselves need to do that? BTW sushigirl congratulations!!!

Baby bean!

I am on week five day two but I repeated day 1 again today. I did not feel comfortable moving on to day 2 of week 5 since I had trouble finishing the last 5 minute run in day 1. But I did manage to finish day 1 with no problem today! I think I am gona have to drag out this week into next week. Anyone find themselves need to do that? BTW sushigirl congratulations!!!
      Thanks! Regarding dragging weeks, I think that's pretty much what I've been doing. I did the regular weeks 1-4. Then week 5, I turned into 5A and 5B. 5A was 3 days of the 5 minute run. 5B was 2 days of the 8 minute run and the 20 minute run. I plan on doing the same with week 6 and then HOPEFULLY do weeks 7,8 and 9 like usual. We'll see. I came away from last year realizing that I'd rather stretch out some weeks and succeed then do the program as is and chance getting defeated (and mentally more than physically). My take is that if you do not feel comfortable moving on, IT"S OKAY!!! I think a lot of this program is mental and when you feel like you got through a week wanting to shout from the rooftops, then it's time to move on.

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Just completed W2D3. Today was harder than I had hoped it would be, but I suspect it was mostly due to aerating the yard after W2D2 and playing volleyball later that same night - I think needed more recovery time. At any rate, I'll be moving on to W3 on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

You Are Beautiful.

I will be doing day 1 for 3 times, then day 2 twice and then day 3. So basically I will be on week 6 for two weeks.
          1. Congrats! 2. I like this plan. I might adopt it for myself. I'm supposed to be going for w6d3 next (today?) and I like the idea of trying w6d2 again.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
          Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

sushigirl and nauseousadrnalin I think I you are both right that is what I am going to have to do. Getting to my goal which is finishing c25k without injuries is more important than how fast I can finish.
              okay week 5 day 1a is done. I started out strong had to walk the last few minutes. Dead I think i push myself because I know that I can do it that I just wanna run faster and end up too tired at the end. Ill have to watch out for that next week. Next week is week 5 day 2 and day 3! cant wait to do those 8 minute runs. I still amazed at the progress we've all made!! Smile

RookieRider

Congrats Sushigirl. That's awesome that you can run 20 minutes straight. Thanks for your input. It really does make me feel better that others have altered or repeated days or weeks too. ChupChup - You are right. When I think about it, I did run faster on the day I had so many problems. I had my dog with me (who hates rain) and it started to rain. I wasn't totally focused on my speed and myself. I decided taking the dog with me isn't an option until I complete this program. I appreciate your input. Thank you. Today I completed W5D3. Well kinda. I'm not happy with this weeks performances so I'm repeating week 5. I thought I may have to repeat the remaining weeks and I was right. I did surprise myself today after my bad performance on Tuesday. Today I ran 11 minutes straight before I had to stop and walk for 1 minute. Then I made it almost to the end before I took another walk break. I'm glad to know that others have had problems with this week as well. I know I'll do better next week. I really appreciate everyone sharing their training ideas/tips as well as their triumphs. I hope some day I will be able to help others along the same road. Canadamel - I wish you were here today. Sunny, a bit breezy but 80 degrees. Columbus Ohio.
                2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

You Are Beautiful.

I took a few days off... I think I'll pick it up again. Still bracing for w6d3. I might do w6d2 again. I probably should since I didn't make the goal.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                  Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go.