Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: June 15 to 21 (Read 326 times)

A new week is here. This is my week 7 for C25K: my first full week without walk breaks in the runs. I'm hoping for a great run Tuesday to start my week. What about the rest of you? What's up for your week? Smile

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

Three half marathons later, I got a number. Half Fanatic #9292. :)

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I ran week 5 day 2 this morning and I felt great doing it! Actually ended a bit far from home so I ran another 8 min set! 24 mins of running in total! My next 5K is in about a month and I'm pretty darn excited for it!
      -Jen
      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

You all are doing great. I'm back from a quick trip to Michigan (no time to run this weekend). My plan is to get 3 runs in this week and a daily bike ride. I'm very much behind on my training for the bike trip the end of July.
          How far is your bike trip?

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

360 miles over 6 days.

More turtle than hare...

After a crazy week last week (lots of activity, but no running Sad ) I went out this morning for a great run. Not sure what day of C25k I'm on but I had a FABULOUS 25 min run this morning. (I figure I'll do a few more weeks of these, maybe I'm on Week 6?) Looking forward to Wednesday's run!! Hopefully you all are enjoying the beautiful weather we've got here - the humidity broke and it's perfect running weather!

On the road back

This is week 2 of the OHR for me. Hopefully I'll get to run my 30 minutes tonight around 8:15 or so. You guys will be the first to know!

2013 Goals: Run more. Smile while I do it. Complete 2 marathons in a year. (1 down, 1 to go)

Today was my Week 4 Day 1 run. It felt great, but I continue to battle this foot pain. I am faithfully icing after my runs, though! I have a business trip coming up, so we'll see how that messes with my progress. I have plans to run while I'm away. DH is coming with, so maybe we'll have some running adventures together! I love keeping up on each of your progressions through the program! You are all doing so great! Big grin

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

On the road back

I did get out and run tonight. Felt great, too. 3.25 miles in just over 32 minutes. Have a great week everyone! Modified cuz I can't spell

2013 Goals: Run more. Smile while I do it. Complete 2 marathons in a year. (1 down, 1 to go)

I ran week 6 day 1 yesterday and went way too hard. Thought I was an athlete and forgot that I am still carrying way too much excess weight. I have been just running for time up to now but yesterday, because I am a smarty pants, I thought I would try the distance instead. Went out too hard for the first 5 mins and then spent the rest of the time trying to recover. Ended up finishing the distance but a whole 1:30 mins behind. Also not good was having a massive stitch in my side and a headache when I got home. Pretty stupid but a good hard lesson learned. Day 2 tomorrow and I will be taking it steady and letting my body rule my head, not the other way round. Well done to everyone - Keep going.
                        I did W3D1 of the Cto5k yesterday. A good little run. Funny, it seemed like it was over so quickly! My husband did W1D1 yesterday!! We'll see how he progresses since he says that he *hates* running.
                        ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
                          Wow, JB! That is one long trip. Smile Meewolfie, that's so cool that your husband is trying C25K.

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Meg - It is amazing how the body adapts. I was a couch potato until October 2006. I was nearing my 50th birthday and decided I better get moving. I've dropped 16.5 pounds, lost 4 dress sizes, and have more energy than ever. Last year we did a 245 mile 5 day trip and it was hard for me. I'm hoping another year of training will pay off. Our longest ride this year was 47.5 miles and I did that just 8 days after an SI injury and on very little sleep. My real goal is to do 6 days of 62 miles - or 6 metric centuries in a row! I'll just see how it goes and hope the hills and winds are minimal! Just finsihed OHR W4D1. Hopefully I can get back on track now.
                              I broke the 2 Mile Mark for the first time today!!! Yes It was 27*C (80*F) with 30% humidity and almost no wind. This is probably the warmest weather I've run in so far. I felt really good in my run and wasn't paying attention to distance or pace. Then the face fell off my timer and skidded across the path so I had to stop to pick it up and check if my pedometer was broken. (Yeah, I use a pedometer for timing until my sister gives me one of her old Timex watches). That threw me off. I think I need to be a bit better hydrated. The last five minutes were tough, but within a few minutes of finishing, the bit of stomach discomfort passed. Nothing serious. Felt good today though! Big grin MTA: temp conversion

Everyone's looking great. Tonight is my graduation run from OHR-- Week 10, Day 3. I have to do 60 minutes, and I'm a bit nervous. Wish me luck!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)