Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

2/3-2/9 (Read 220 times)

obiebyke

Happy day after Super Bowl and day before Super Duper Tuesday. Today I try a run for the first time in 2.5 weeks. I'm hoping it's pain-free. I'm SO excited! But I promise not to let my excitement make me push too hard. Cross your fingers...

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

quagga

Don't push it Obiebyke! I hope it goes well for you.
      obiebyke

Thanks, Quagga. I'm going to start back a couple weeks, on week 4, and slow the pace down this time. I've realized that I don't HAVE to make the March race. My health is more important. If I play my cards right, I'll have all the time in the world to run races.

Wingz

Professional Noob

If I play my cards right, I'll have all the time in the world to run races.
          There ya go! That sounds like a winning attitude! Good luck as you start back up!

Roads were made for journeys...

obiebyke

Success! I slowed it down and started back at the beginning of week 4 (I had finished week 5 when I injured myself). It sure felt like a push, but pain-free. Because I've been following the stretching thread on the general board, I tried not stretching, but my legs don't feel right today. So I'll stretch a little afterwards next time. How's everyone else doing this week? Happy Super Tuesday.

quagga

Good going, Obiebyke! Take it easy. No one else is chiming in on their runs?
                Week 7, day 2 this morning, and all's well. I moved last weekend, and now I have to run up a concrete sidewalk on a 6-lane highway to get to a neighborhood with enough streets for a good run. It scares me. It seems wasteful to start my car and drive to that neighborhood to go for a run, though -- it's only a three minute drive.