Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Running, week ending 12/5 (Read 250 times)

Week 4 for me, how about you? 

It was a mental challenge to run the full 5 minutes TWICE this morning.  Having to look at your watch constantly really makes a run tough.  I prefer to just run a distance, but I'm not ready for that yet.  It was warm this morning, could've worn shorts, as it was 50F at 5:30 am.  As it was, I stuck with the tights and got all nasty sweaty Smile.  I added on 1.5 min to my run today, for a total of 21.5 min (according to the plan), which also gave me additional distance.  It was nice to see the mileage bar on my daily graph go up finally today! 

My right ITB was less tight today...I'm beginning to wonder if it's just tighter in the cold that I've been running in lately. 

I'm running the same workout again tomorrow...it is supposed to be stormy, and I love running in the rain!  I haven't gotten to do that in 4 years, the time I've been out of running.

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

If my DW hears its raining she goes crazy and I can't get out and run. If it starts after I am out my phone rings with a get yer arse home call! Still, I've managed to get two or three runs in the rain and really like it - provided its not bitter cold that is.

Have you tried to use one of the podcast series or iPhone/Android Apps on c25k.com to provide the timing? I used Robert Ullrey's C25K Podcasts when I did my program. Don't know how good the smartphone apps are they weren't available when I did the program in mid '08. btw c25k.com is where I found out about RA!

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Love running in the rain!  Good run this morning (didn't melt).  Didn't care for the wind, though.  Much colder tomorrow morning, so hopefully I won't chicken out...supposed to be 29F(it was 65F this morning).  Big difference!

Bob, I don't carry a phone with me.  I don't really like listening to music when I run (weirdo, I know!).  I've heard about the podcasts, though, that time the music to the intervals you are running.  That's a pretty nifty idea.

Obie, how's the OHR workouts going?

Michele in NC

obiebyke

Nice job, Michele.

Had my first OHR workout today. I ran indoors, around a track. Not a fan, especially when what seemed like an entire sorority was running sprint intervals. Ew. Plus, I got weird gas cramps and nausea afterwards. Whatever. Some kinks to work out for these winter workouts!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Way to go, obie, on meeting your goals...you must be desperate to run indoors around a track...around...and around...and around...and...

So, I ran this morning in the cold.  I don't envy you folks in the north at all, running in air much colder than mine!  (or on the indoor track!) Smile Ran week 4 workout again, rest day tomorrow.  Looking forward to sleeping in until 6 am!

Michele in NC

obiebyke

6am? Ew!

I ran outside today. Low 20s, but it was fine. I actually felt really good. Turns out my heart rate went higher than I really wanted it to (there were a couple steep hills), but my legs felt super loose and I wasn't gasping, so whatever. Yay!

Good morning!  Slept in until 9 am this morning!!! Big grin

Good running, obie.  Sounds cold up there!  We're expecting a possible snow shower tonight, so I may get to run in some white stuff in the morning!  It was a mere 31F when I ran this morning, but it's going to be a chilly week according to the weather forecasters.

Continued week 4 this morning, and looks like my pace is getting slightly faster.  I think I'm walking faster, though, not running faster...it's amazing how fast you can go to keep warm!  Starting looking at when I'll do a 5K.  Looks like it will be mid-February.  It will be interesting to see what work I can get in between now and then.  I keep dreaming big---but can I carry it out?  I think I can...

Michele in NC

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm back on the C25K program myself, currently working on week 4.  Having trouble remembering the intervals at the moment.  I run pretty much exclusively on the treadmill, either at home or at the gym.  Love watching TV while running - it's the only time I watch TV! 

Roads were made for journeys...

obiebyke

Michele, how was the snow? The crunch crunch is kinda fun, no?

Wingz, welcome back. C25K is like an old friend, huh? Wink

Welcome, Wingz!  Hang in there, week 4 is a toughie.  Don't know how anyone can run on the treadmill, but I guess you do what's necessary.

Just finished week 4 today myself.  Looking forward to the additional challenge of week 5. 

Obie, snow was gone  by the time I pried myself out of bed this morning and the ripe old hour of noon!  Didn't dress warmly enough, as we had a brisk wind, and ended up freezing my butt off.  My pace was a little too quick, so I had a difficult time finishing, but I completed the run.

On to week 5 for me...it should be challenging, as it includes one workout of NO WALKING!  Well, I've done it before, I can do it again!

Michele in NC