Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Nov 16-22 (Read 218 times)

johnnfrankfort

here it is! come on folks lets here about you this week! Big grin
    goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min

Tortoise

W5D3, done. I'm going to use that as my getting-back-on-the-horse point, start Week 6 on Wednesday and we'll see how it goes. But this was by far the biggest mental hurdle for me last time around, and the fact that I was able to go for 20 minutes today was exciting for me -- I wasn't running fast, but I was running!
      "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

I ran the last run of week 3 OHR today. It was not my best, and not my worst run. I was on call from yesterday morning till this morning, and although I didn't really have to 'work' this time, I got some phone calls during the night, so I didn't sleep quite well.

Running in Belgium
        Ann

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

sefkhet, speed will come. Just getting out there to run is important! I'm not as fast as I"d like to be so I keep telling myself it just means I can enjoy my surroundings more. Wink Anne, way to get your run in on a day that you probably didn't much feel like it. Well, I'm trying to recruit another to join us in here. There's a new runner looking for advice on getting back into running (see thread here) and I hope he chooses to come here. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

rdmsgirl

Marie

Looking forward to attempting W5 C25K today Smile
            johnnfrankfort

wk6d1 down.. it was too cold to run in shorts also. 35 here in ky for my run... i felt like i ran fast but the times didn't agree. oh well ..
              CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

wk6d1 down.. it was too cold to run in shorts also. 35 here in ky for my run... i felt like i ran fast but the times didn't agree. oh well ..
                I've had a couple of those in the last month where I felt like I was flying and it was so disappointing when I logged to see it wasn't much quicker. Frustrating! Black eye

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Tortoise

W6D1. I went a tiny, tiny bit further than I was expecting to, and the 'tiny, tiny bit' took me onto a hill that I walk up at least once a day, but DAMN, it's steep when you're running up it.
                  "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

rdmsgirl

Marie

Yay, doing my 20 min run in 2 days (on week 5, C25k) <---- can i please have my graph updated? pretty please? :) can="" i="" please="" have="" my="" graph="" updated?="" pretty="" please?=""></---- can i please have my graph updated? pretty please? :)>
                    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Beth, it is surprising how different running and walking the same incline are. It will get easier to run though. Promise! Smile Rdmsgirl, wohooO! Cool Way to go on your 20 minute run! Big grin I wish I knew how to update the graph, but I'm not the one who does it. Yay for you! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Yes Yes Yes

Half Fanatic #9292. 

johnnfrankfort

wk 6 d2 down with d3 coming up tomorrow. 2.25 straight... whew!
                        rdmsgirl

Marie

Rdmsgirl, wohooO! Cool Way to go on your 20 minute run! Big grin I wish I knew how to update the graph, but I'm not the one who does it. Yay for you! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Yes Yes Yes
                          I can't believe I did it - my 20 minute run!!!! Actually, I was so amazed that I was actually running for 20 minutes, that I ended up going 23 minutes!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin
                            Temperatures dropped rapidly, but I had a terrific run in the melting snow.

Running in Belgium
                            Ann

Tortoise

W6D2. It's COLD. I was desperate to finish my five minute walk and start running, just so that I would warm up! 25 minutes on Monday. Eeeep.

My first 45-minute run in a few years today! I just finished week 7 of OHR. It is good to finally be getting back in shape and going for longer runs. My heart rate monitor says that run burnt 487 calories, so I am off to have some eggnog French toast to make up for those. Smile

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009