Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Training Log Question (Read 172 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm trying to figure out the training log and figuring out how to use it. I went to add my new shoes I got yesterday. What is initial mileage? Distance of first actual run with them? I've worn them around the house a bunch already.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

obiebyke

Huh. Interesting. Yeah, I'd put it at zero, actually. Maybe that's for if you get used running shoes? Confused

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Meg - The initial mileage is for runners who kept track of the miles their shoes had on them before they joined RunningAHEAD. Everybody else starts at 0. I wouldn't worry about keeping track of the miles you put in around the house. Most people log just the running miles their shoes get. Many runners do not wear their running shoes for anything but running. I wear mine all the time because they're so comfortable and I need the support at work. Then again, my shoes tend to wear out around 300 "miles" when everyone else's seem to be around 500 (actually this varies from person to person, but I'm on the short end of the scale). Hope that helps!

Roads were made for journeys...

obiebyke

Wingz to the rescue!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wingz to the rescue!
            Ah, shoot. You probably saw my humor before I deleted it... Blush

Roads were made for journeys...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yeah, my shoes will just be for running. I was wearing them around the house just to get a bit of a feel for them/make sure they feel right before I take them out to run and make them non-returnable. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.