Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Let's post our runs here.... (Read 531 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, Michele, getting out there.  I ran this morning, too, but didn't realize it was 45° and was underdressed.  It did make me run faster, though.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I ran this morning, too, but didn't realize it was 45° and was underdressed.

There is some serious cold envy from down here in the south....

theyapper

On the road again...

Not sure how south you are, but I'm in the south, too.  Central NC.  Unseasonable cool day today.

Paul

Mississippi - it wasn't that cool this morning...

41 min run this morning, suddenly ran faster today for some reason and had to take a 3 min walk break around the 30 min mark.  It was warm for me, looked like a drowned rat by the time I finished, I guess I'm in for more of that weather for awhile yet.

Michele in NC

It's quiet in this forum, I hope that doesn't mean y'all are slacking in the spring heat!  30 min run for me this morning, and yes, I did slack off for a week but I'm back now.  Ran my second mile faster than the first, an improvement!

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Hey Michelle! Haven't completely slacked off but am in a low mileage state as I adjust to change in medications. Recently figured out it changed resting HR and I seem to hit MAF more quickly than before. Might have to do another MAF Determination test soon. At least I have a new rescue, Baxter, who loves to walk/run in the mornings. We got 2 1/4 mi in this morning and I feel sure he can do 5k in cooler morning weather. I haven't been getting out except with him tho.

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm still running.  It's been the best and most consistent stretch of running I've had in almost a year.  Starting to heat up, though, which I don't like.  Tough when early morning runs are humid. Shocked

Paul

I didn't run at all last week as I was in Paris walking my feet into blisters and aches....LOL.

I planned on running...took my gear with me...but just had no energy during the week to run...

and now it is 70 degrees at 6:00 in the morning...bleah...

theyapper

On the road again...

Paris sounds fun!

I just got back from one of those 70° 6am runs.  Bleh is right.

Paul

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Can't believe I did it again - twisted my back Monday and can barely stand up let alone run. Although once I am moving I can for the most park walk briskly. Its getting better slowly.

Paul/Kelly: I'm with ya on 70f early mornings... plus humidity, triple bleh!. Might wind up with more gym time, but then I couldn't take my new jogging body Baxter (A Yorkie rescue that had chemical burns on most of his body causing loss of almost all his hair) for his morning walks.I've gotten him to 2.5 mi before the back issue surfaced!

Kelly: I'm an ex Seabee, but didn't stay in because of Vietnam. Didn't want to return third, fourth, or more times...

Keep on Keeping on folks

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Kelly: I'm an ex Seabee, but didn't stay in because of Vietnam. Didn't want to return third, fourth, or more times...

SHIPMATE!!!!  Big grin

Bobev, I hope you feel better soon!

Sticky run this morning, a humid/misty 69F.  I've got to get more serious about running so that I can get into shape for a backpacking trip in July.  Can't have my daughter out-hiking me, lol!

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

It was cooler this morning, 65f, breezy so I put on back brace (waist band strap) and took Baxter for long walk. I used a shorter leash and he pulled me along most of the way. Had to monitor HR to keep from going over MAF. We covered 3mi in 56min. Slow for sure, but we did it. Had some interesting right quad pain and numbness near the end of the wog. More like the end of a half... indicates need to work on endurance and lower back - again, like starting over....sigh Not quite starting over, otherwise wouldn't be doing 3 miles right!

Attitude check: positive. Feeling good!

Hey Shipmate! how ya'll doing!

bob e v

after taking nearly two weeks off (to go to Paris), I did get back out yesterday and just picked up where I left off in the cycle.  Will see how it works.  I think I am going to try the Body Pump class at the gym (three mornings a week) and run on the days in between.  I need to shed the baggage before the fall as we were just informed that the Chinese government has approved us for adopting an 8yo girl...don't want to scare the poor child on the first day...