Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Let's post our runs here.... (Read 531 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Congrats on the adoption approval! Awesome! Hope picking up works out.

Took Bax for a 1mi wog this am. Didn't want to push him or my back on back to back 3 milers.

Keep on keeping on!

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

while I didn't run today, I did get into some pretty physical hiking along a steep clayish creek bank in a Search and Rescue mission (training only, no actual airplanes or people were injured in this exercise).

Lots of slip sliding...one member was almost done in by heat - but the Cadets had fun!!!  They had to cross the creek on a downed tree to recover the 'missing' aircraft....

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Back starting to ease off. Had to bring car in for deep service prior to our 3400+mi road trip. Got out for about 1mi. Using a flax seed heating pad that ya warm in microwave. Seems to have loosened things up.

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Oh boy, have I been slacking off!  Nice to see some people getting their runs in.  Bobev, I'm glad your back is feeling better, a tough injury to have for lots of reasons.  Cagery, love to get some hiking in, I'll be heading to the mountains in a couple of weeks to do just that.  

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Michelle - we all go thru periods like that... gotta see it thru and get rolling again!

I'm on road trip with DW. Managed to get short runs in here and there in the cooler weather in the north east. This morning in CT. Hope to get more in before we drive back to TX.

bob e v

, I'll be heading to the mountains in a couple of weeks to do just that.  

sigh...significant jealousy happening hear...especially since my new Deuter 39L day pack arrived today....

Increasing mileage..but am very concerned that my stress fractures from last year are fracturing again...going to keep on going....

Glad to hear folks are out and about...and getting around.  I get to head up to CT in august to visit the Millstone nuclear facility...New England is so very nice to be...

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Hope everyone is still getting out there. I'm beginning to overcome some of my medication side effects and emotional issues. Was able to run a 5k Sat (barefoot - I rarely run in shoes anymore) without bladder or dry mouth problems. Took me 46 min to finish but ran w/o breaks in the 84F heat.

ya'll keep on keeping on!

bob e v

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job on the race, Bob!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul