Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 6/29 (Read 420 times)

My Little Pony hair.

How's everyone doing this week?  I've managed to achieve my goal of doing 20 miles in a month (actually 22!) and I came *this* close to actually finishing w6d2 without any interruptions, until I tried to adjust my shorts and knocked the dead-man switch out of the treadmill 30 seconds before my cooldown. 

Outside, I'm working on week 4 workouts, when it's not raining and I can actually go outside.  I'm currently waiting on a running skirt to be delivered, which I'm hoping helps me out a little bit outside since it's starting to hit the nasty part of the year in New England (muggy as all hell) and is only going to get worse for my outdoor runs.

So how's everyone else?

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
    • run 1000k
    • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

You Are Beautiful.

Um...still bad from me.

I had a run this AM (3.5 mi) that was like week 1 of c25k. I couldn't get going!

Had a great bike ride yesterday, I guess maybe that's why I am so sucky today? I hate my weight. It's too hot here. And my job is sucking the life out of me.

/bitching

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
      Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

So far so good this week.  Sun. off.   Mon, a hard long and hilly walk/run in the woods that lasted about an hour and 20 min., that incorporated C25K -  two 9 min. intervals with 3 min. inbetween.   This is my version of Week 5, day two, elongated in order to sneak up on day three.  Day three is that killer day of 20 min. running.  Tues, Physical Therapy, not for any running injury, but for an old, old bursitis problem.  I am so happy to have a great therapist, who use to train distance runners, and gives me gobs of encouragement.  Today, Wed.,  I'll do a medium day, and then take off Th and Friday, because on Sat, July 4th, I will run a 2.6 mile run with DD1 that is held at a small town, and preceed a parade on the same route.  I was told the streets will be lined with parade spectators. Should be fun, but probably hot.  Starts at 11:30 AM

Hope everyone is keeping up the good work, and enjoying their runs.    Woods Lady

PS, Nauseus,  Hope today is better. I hate my weight too, and my lower legs feel heavy.  Just get out there.

Taking a mandatory week off after I threw out my back on Sunday.  Totally pissed about it too because I had just gotten back into the routine of working out regularly, running was feeling good, etc.  Then I got the bright idea to mow the lawn before DH came home from a weekend away, and threw out my back in the process.  Today is the first day I've been able to walk without pain or a noticeable limp.  The only good thing is that now I don't have to play golf with my in-laws on Friday as planned.  I'm waiting until I have two pain-free days before I start running again, so I'm hoping and praying that Sunday will see me back on the TM.
          2009 Goals:
          PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
          Run a 10K
          Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
          Complete my first Sprint Tri

Baby bean!

Still haven't started week 9.  So a 9 week program has taken me about 15 weeks.  But I'm getting out there  and doing something, whether it's C25K or just easy runs.  Also, the weather here is NUTS.  I can say that there were SEVERAL times that I said Ok, I'm going, and then it starts pouring.  Clears up, I get ready, pours again.  I just got out, it was sunny, cool and the air smelled so sweet from all the rain, and I came back in time because...guess what?  It's pouring again!

Goals:
            Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Sushi - it sounds like the gods of running are talking to you... and they're saying "Come try a run in the rain!"

Seriously, it can be a lot of fun!  In the summer, rain runs are the only time I don't feel too hot.  It's fun to splash in the puddles.  The hardest part is convincing myself that I'm going to get wet.  Once I'm actually wet, it's no big deal. 

(Leave the walkman at home and make sure your watch is waterproof.  A baseball cap can help keep rain out of your eyes if you need to wear glasses.)

Roads were made for journeys...

Baby bean!

Oh Wingz...this is more than just rain.   This is like no visibility, the world is ending, we'll need an ark in another minute kind of rain.  ;-P  And if it's not that, then it's thundering.  Where there is thunder, there is lightening.   I'll TOTALLY run in the rain.  I love it. It's humbling to run in the rain, too.  But what we've been having is something else.  It comes down so hard and so fast that our streets flood.  We live right by the water so the drainage isn't that great and the sewers can't handle the amount.  So I also couldn't run even if i was THAT ambitious because the water gets 3 feet high.  I guess I could cross train and swim through intersections!

Goals:
                Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

You Are Beautiful.

I guess I could cross train and swim through intersections!

ha

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                  Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go.