Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

C25K check-in, week of 9/2 - 9/8 (Read 229 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Okay, peeps! Let's get this group going again! I challenge everyone here to post where they are in the plan this week, how they're doing, any successes, and any challenges you've run across! C'mon... let's everybody post a check-in every week! We can keep eachother motivated here!

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'll start: I'm not on the C25K plan, but I'm here anyway. Big grin This past week I've run only two times, once for 3.3 miles, and the other time for 2.6 miles. I'm very happy that I got those two runs in, because I've been having problems with my right foot (I think it's tendonitis). I also snuck in two taekwondo workouts because I think it's so much fun! My bf went on a 17 mile long run last weekend... Shocked I am so jealous...

psycrunner

Hey Wingz and Everyone! This is a great idea....the motivation will be great for me! I started Week 2 today, and I've got to say, it was tougher than I thought it would be! I kept my running intervals at 10 m/m, just like last week and those extra 30 seconds just about killed me! I managed to make it through most of the segments, but had to end one of the running segments about 30 seconds early. I guess we'll see how it goes as the week progresses (I run every other day). I'm inclined to try to keep the pace and see if I can accommodate to it, but I may be repeating this week already! Anyway, thanks for starting this thread, Wingz! I'm looking forward to hear how others are progressing!
        Carol
        psycrunner

Week 2, Day 2 was much better on Thursday! Yeah....my heart rate is still going pretty high during the running segments, but comes down again pretty quickly during the running segments, so I'm assuming that's okay. I didn't have to cut out of any of the running segments, either! So I was happy about that. Saturday will be Day 3. My plan now is to go ahead and repeat this week to see if I can accommodate my heart rate to this length and pace. Is anyone else out there?
          Carol
          psycrunner

Okay, this has become a log of sorts for me....W2D3 yesterday, again easier than the other two days. HR still high as the running segments progress, but without too much trouble recovering. I will do this week again next week. I'd like to see the HR stay in a more moderate zone before I increase the running segments any more. Hope everyone else is having a good week!
            Carol
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Log away! Big grin Hopefully we'll get a few more people in here going... Sounds like you're on the right track and things are going well for you! Keep up the good work! Cool