Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: Nov 23-30 (Read 253 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I am, but it's the end of the semester. Bare with me. Erendis (and occasionally, Pitters) have been helping me out and I'm grateful. Big grin
    Goddess - I have an alternative worked out that might reduce upkeep time. It does away with the multi-colored bars and goes to straight blue bars, but people could enter in their own weeks and the results would update automatically in 5-10 minutes on our charts. You would still need to enter in new names and adjust the ranges on the charts to match the number of runners. Want to email me and we can chat about it? -Janell yanelh@hotmail.com

Roads were made for journeys...

The young Mama Bear!

Thanks, goddess9... I didn't mean to pester. Believe me, as a career student, I feel your pain!
      No no, I didn't take it that way. I'm pretty easygoing, I can take it. Tongue Erendis - that's about my best time for a 5K, too! That's great...keep it up! Jenner, injuries still nagging ya? Go, Jennicap! I wish it was still the summer where I could run anytime I felt like it. The good ol days, eh? Wingz, I will send you a shout!
      Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
      Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
      johnnfrankfort

wk 7 d 2 down but shorted. i had a pt test< i'm="" in="" the="" national="" guard="" /> this morning, so instead of running 2.5 miles i had to run 2 miles for time and ran it in 19:26. whew hoo since c2k i have dropped 50 seconds off my time just by slow running it. i haven't even added any speed work yet. i am so happy that what i've been doing is now visible to me. it really motivates me to keep on going and i am already planning to go on to the 0HR after c2k.
        goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min
          I haven't been running since my longer run on sunday. Monday evening after having given a lecture, my car's engine didn't work... It was 10.00 PM, and freezing, and I had to wait an hour before help arrived. (had to wait outside of my car, so I was cold, so cold...) On tuesday I had fever, maybe because of the cold on monday. Yesterday I felt a little bit better, good enough to go to a symposium a three hours drive from home, but when I returned home, I was glad I could just sit and relax. Today I'm back to work, and I feel good enough to work, but I don't know if it will be wise to run already tonight.... We'll see....

Running in Belgium
          Ann

Tortoise

W7D1, done. I'm further along in the program now than I was right before I quit. I'm pain-free and injury-free (touch wood) and I've got a 5K in January motivating me. Let's see if I can keep going this time. Smile
            "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

This morning I told I hadn't been running since sunday, because I didn't feel well. I didn't feel good at all today, but when I came home from work, I really wanted to run... So after cooking, dinner, having done the dishes, I finaly decided I was going to run, even if I didn't feel 100% well. I was going to run easy, very, very easy, but I was going to run. And guess... I ran almost 5K - at a very slow pace - and now I feel far better than I felt the previous days!

Running in Belgium
              Ann

erendis

congrats Ann! remember that 5k is still 5k no matter how slow you go Smile Well, I didn't follow the OHR plan because I wanted to focus on miles, but yesterday we ran for 1hr and 7min, so I've surpassed the one hour mark! We did 5 miles at our easy training pace, and did the Galloway method (we ran 2min, walked 1 min)-- I find that the Galloway method really helps me when it's a new longer distance so that i'm only thinking about the interval rather than psyching myself out over the length. If you're having trouble going further on your long runs, I highly recommend it! If you've been training long enough, its not the physical aspect of running another mile, but that darn mental hurdle. Keep it up folks!
                I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

Tortoise

W7D2. Lord, but it's cold outside.
                  "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."