Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

What are Your Favourite Things about Running? (Read 165 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Regardless of whether you are a new runner or nearing the end of C25K or in the midst of OHR, what are your favourite things about running? I love how strong I feel after a 5 mile run, the sound of my feet on the footbridges on my running route, the way running clears my head/calms me down and the toughness of running in the rain/cooler weather (so far).

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Wingz

Professional Noob

I love knowing that I can make a plan about how to do something, do it, and be successful! Running showed me that. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

I love to run in the dark on a moonlit evening, or along the awakening canal when the rising sun gives the leaves there autumnal golden glow. I love to hear the sounds of the woods, the squirrels that seek refuge, the birds in the hedges... I love to feel how my body is ever getting stronger, leaner... I love it how a headache clears up during my run after a tough day at work...

Running in Belgium
        Ann

The young Mama Bear!

I love: - the rhythm of my legs turning over. One TWO, one TWO. - the strength I feel when I keep my arms in their correct form. I feel like Wonder Woman. - the feeling of my chest strap for some odd reason. - the last mile, when you want to stop but you don't because you want it more than words can express. I, in reality, hate the last mile with a passion, but it always gets done.
          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.