Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 12/6/2010 (Read 230 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Looks like the running totals have returned to form - same usual suspects at the top of the running heap!!  Nice week over 60 miles, Mike, and congrats on the virtual hardware.  Display your gold star proudly.

This is the final week of taper for those in the group running Thunder Road (or any other area HM or M this week-end), so here's to a week of running calculators, click throughs to weather web sites, and restless legs.

NameDistance ▼Time
    ChakaKahn 67.3 Mi 8:06:29
    CarolinaBlue 55.2 Mi 7:19:33
    CliveFenster 49.2 Mi 7:20:15
    Happyfeet 35.8 Mi 5:47:00
    old-runner 33 Mi 4:44:50
    theyapper66  26.5 Mi 4:07:12
    Lpadg 24.7 Mi 3:43:17
    cpaterun 21.3 Mi 3:07:20
    Docster 19.2 Mi 2:49:03
    asdg123 13.6 Mi 1:56:38
    rossruns* 6.2 Mi 58:13
    runslikeafraggle 6.2 Mi 1:01:02

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

under a rock

Last week was not a stellar mileage week for me. With two days of PT, a dentist appt, trying to get all my ATL family's presents ready for drop off, getting knocked with a cold, and preparing to travel out of town for the third weekend in a row my running took a big hit. Hopefully I can recover and get back closer to normal this week but I'm feeling pretty run down this morning. Glad to see that everyone else is hanging in there much better than me!

Paul,  You'll mysteriously find many running opportunities and glorious running weather this week, Murphy's law and stuff.

I ran circles in Marth Rivers park all alone as in no one else in the park on Saturday, (wonder why people don't like cold rain), and think I left part of my brain there.  

Ashley I hear ya. I've had a cold all week also. Trying to figure out how much to run and how hard to push. I gave up one 8 miler so I'm off on my miles too. I still have a cold but my legs feel better. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

My son was diagnosed Saturday with strep, I'm coughing and my throat is sore, and I'm in an all-day conference call today (from home -- they ordered me to stay home and dial in).  Yahoo.  But I'm running as soon as this thing is finished!

Paul, enjoy that crazy taper!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Finally had a bad taper run. 3 miles, no groove, elevated heart rate and way too slow for that level of HR.  Hope that it's out of my system. Dead

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

A bit over 4 miles this morning - 25mph winds made for 12F wind chill.  It was COLD! Shocked

Paul

A bit over 4 miles this morning - 25mph winds made for 12F wind chill.  It was COLD! Shocked

Good practice for the race.  Last year I could not even talk because of the cold,  I had company for a while, but neither of us understood what the other was saying

theyapper

On the road again...

Sahsi - isn't that fun?  I hate when I try to talk during a run and even I can't understand what I'm saying because my mouth doesn't want to move.

Paul

Are we there yet?

5am 11 miles = insane but oh. so. good!

Sahsi -

I see that your fingers froze too.

Best of luck to everyone who is racing this weekend! How is everyone feeling going into the weekend and how has your running been this week?  Do you think that the training you did when it was hot will still carry over (j/k...I was thinking about the benefits of training in the heat today when my feet were freezing and that thought started to dance in my mind).  Fortunately, the weather is breaking perfectly for everyone this Saturday!

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

My week's been pretty good.  Bad run on Monday,  but the other 2 have been good.  Just finished my last run on the schedule - a nice, easy 2.3 miles.

Emotions right now go back and forth between freaked and invincible.  We'll see which one is a more accurate predictor tomorrow. Big grin

Paul

Good luck everybody. I ran very easy and light this week and my cold is mostly gone. I showed up to my group's new Thursday run last night for a 4.25 mile run which starts at Philosopher's Stone in the Elizabeth neighborhood. I would estimate maybe 40 runners. Who do I see waiting at the finish? Ol' Happy Feet! Good to see ya Shashi. We had the opportunity to carb up a little afterwards also.

I may have used up my racing legs at the run yesterday.  

Yeah that's the excuse I am going to use if I crash and burn tomorrow, now no pressure.