Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 27AUG-02SEP2012 (Read 187 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice pic.  I agree that it should be framed.

11.5 for me early this morning.  Nice blue moon.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cliff,

how are you feeling today? Wow...I read your log after seeing your post/pic here. There has to be something else going on to generate the symptoms you had (although last night I remember saying to myself how oppressive it was outside and similar to Wed nite and that it would be really really tough to race at any respectable pace w/out crashing"). I can't believe you pushed that end of that race after suffering what you did through the race dropping on all fours several times. If you were feeling bad last night, wait till you get the bill for the ambulance (and for the services of the Dr. or nurse's or tech's at the race site) which is sometimes not covered by your insurance (the ER will be)!

Rob

I was just tired yesterday (and sore ... as though I'd raced a 10k the previous evening).  Today's 9+ miles went fine, I guess -- not my best run ever, but I still had strength and bounce in the stride at the end (although I was VERY cognizant of pace, effort level, how much I was sweating, etc.).

Happy to see I closed the last km in under 4:00.  I was having kind of "tunnel thoughts" by then, though -- just in race mode, pushing to finish as fast as possible unless something derailed me.  A good skill, but not in over-abundance.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau