Charlotte, NC area runners

Gastonia Running Thread (Read 286 times)

RIchard, since I can't remember where we agreed to keep each other posted about our tuesday/thursday runs, I thought I'd start a new thread and post here if our plans change from the planned 8:00 PM on Tuesday and Thursdays. 

Tonight I'll see you at the Jefferson woods marker at 8:00 PM.  WIll be nice if runswithbaby or her husband can join us.  Although with a stroller it could be tough on the sidewalk.  We could change the route a bit if they show.

under a rock

Today is a recovery day for me so no running today. My hubby has a nasty stomach bug so he is definitely out.  How many miles are you guys going to do?  I might try to see if I can work it in next week.

Ashley, We are going to wing it, my normal weekday runs are anywhere between 5-7 miles, and this meeting place is a mile from home, so most likely we are shooting for 4-5 miles together. 

Richard suggested Ashbrook high track if it's open, otherwise we'll just run in the neighborhood behind the school.

old-runner

I'll be there at 8:00 tonight Shashi... looking forward to it.

Ashley, on days you and/or Brian can make it maybe we can switch to the greenway or Martha Rivers Park. Bring Emmett and the stroller and I'll push the stroller so you and Brian can both run without worrying about it. At least I'll be happy to try -- I think I'd do okay with it... might be a good workout!

under a rock

Emmett goes to bed at 7:30 so he will be in bed if you are running at 8pm. That also means only one of us adults can come, so, it would probably be me.

Now, if you do a morning run and feel like pushing a stroller let us know! I'm sure Brian would love to give it up to you!

theyapper

On the road again...

This thread makes me wish I lived in G-town!  Hope your run went well.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Yep... G-town is quite the running mecca!

The run went great... we ran up to Ashbrook High School and found out it's a rubber track and the outside lane is open to anybody who wants to run it from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, so maybe we can get that speed work in Gastonia after all.

Thanks Richard for a nice run.  I was feeling the heat a bit last night after digging in my yard for a couple of hours.  

This Thursday is not looking good, with my daughter's swim practice, and we'll be going on a mini vacation on Friday.  But we should do this again next tuesday, and maybe a track workout Thursday, around 7:00 PM. 

under a rock

That's great to hear about the track!
                    old-runner

Shashi... That sounds good so I'll plan on next Tuesday (07/07/09) at 8:00 p.m. unless you tell me different before then. We can decide then if and when we'll meet at the track Thursday. I've never run on an actual track before so you folks might have to teach me how to act!

Ashley... maybe you can plan on joining us at the track Thursday if that'll work for you. And let me know what mornings and what time you and Brian run with Emmett either at Martha Rivers or the greenway. I'll try to plan a morning that I can meet you and push Emmett. I'd like to give it a try and see how I can do.

under a rock

I can join you at the track. I have an article from runner's world that explains track workout etiquette and how to use it properly. I'll bring it so we don't do any faux pas!

Brian has tomorrow off so we could all do a run at Martha Rivers in the morning Friday. If that's not good for you then Sunday morning is good for us as well.

Ashley/Richard, I wont be able to make it tonight.  Have too many things to do before I go to the beach tomorrow.  Will be back Sunday, so we'll resume next week, maybe even a saturday long run at the Greenway at 7:00 AM, If I dont do  the Gaffney 10K.
                          old-runner

Ashley... This Friday morning (07/03/09) will be great for me since all of the offices where I normally have a noon deadline are closed. Let me know what time you and Brian will be at the park and I'll come and push the stroller.

under a rock

Tomorrow might just be Emmett and me.  I was planning on doing my speed work. It's not that much though, 1 mi warm up, 1 mi race +, recover, 1 mi race+, cool down. Brian just said he'd go if he knew you'd stay about a 10 min mile for him so he can run with you. He only needs to do 3 miles.

I'd be good with 7:30 but I know Brian would like 8:00 better. So which ever is best for you.

old-runner

If 8:00 is better for Brian let's do it then. It's supposed to be nice in the morning -- not too hot -- so it should be fine then. Linda's going to run too but she's in mosey mode... she usually does about 12-minute miles so we always run separately. That's why Martha Rivers works so well for us since it's just a big circle.

Is Brian worried about me leaving him behind or him leaving me behind?? The 10-minute pace will be fine for me if I can go that fast with the stroller... I might not be able to keep up! We'll see though.

See ya at 8:00!