Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 7/11/11 (Read 311 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

So, my spontaneous 2 week break from any real running is over, and today marks the beginning of my marathon training cycle, so I'll be around again.  Didn't mean to leave everyone hanging, but life got a bit crazy, my body felt beat up, and I decided to listen to it.  Felt good to be back out on the roads this morning.

So, looks like I missed 2 weeks' worth of running, so here are the totals of the 2 weeks combined.  Sure wish I'd run 2 more, then we could have all be in double digits. Roll eyes

nanxin 101 mi 14:57:05
    old-runner 82.4 mi 12:43:14
    amlinz 79.9 mi 9:47:44
    SForrester 77.1 mi 11:24:17
    Happyfeet 53.9 mi 8:53:32
    cpaterun 43 mi 6:04:34
    CarolinaBlue 41.3 mi 5:30:01
    atomno2 38 mi 6:53:03
    runslikeafraggle 30.8 mi 5:31:35
    CliveF 20.9 mi 3:28:48
    Lpadg 18.9 mi 0:00
    alholley 16.5 mi 2:32:38
    rossruns 13.7 mi 2:14:26
    theyapper66  8 mi 1:15:21

Nice to see that the summer temps aren't keeping our group from racking up some nice mileage.  Stay strong!

And the Goes To...

runslikeafraggle: During my hiatus, our little fraggle took FIRST OVERALL FEMALE in the Miles for Marines 5k!! 1OA is a fantastic achievement!!  Congrats!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Glad to see you back Paul! Thought you flew the coop. 

Wow... I'm second in the mileage department... that's the highest I've ever been... people are slippin' or not putting their number in! 

Congrats to nanxin for the highest mileage and one more hurrah for Ashley's recent race win!

atomno2

Yes. I had two runs not uploaded yet.  It would have put me at 50 for two weeks.  I had a great running week last week.

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

I had cut my running way back in June for various reasons, and had to drop out of Grandfather Marathon and not too happy about it.  Starting to build again, but this heat is not making it easy.  Got to get out early on Sat/Sun to get some miles in.

under a rock

Glad to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth, Paul! Thanks for the blue ribbon! 

I did an open water swim practice on Saturday, 1500 meters this time. It definitely made me feel better about eh aquathlon coming up at the beginning of August. I'll do one more open water swim practice before the race. I'm really excited about doing something new!

theyapper

On the road again...

people are slippin' or not putting their number in! 

I wish I could blame my single digit over 2 weeks on the second reason, but I'm in the first category!

Paul

nanxin

I wish I could blame my single digit over 2 weeks on the second reason, but I'm in the first category!

Paul, actually, you can use the second reason, I think it was 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks, if you add one more week, your mileage is definitely in double digits. Smile

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

Welcome to our newest member Phyllis.  

theyapper

On the road again...

Welcome, Phyllis!

My 5 miler today left me looking like I'd jumped in a pool - and that was at 5:30 am!

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Ran my Wed run this morning.  Easy 3 miles.  Hope everyone's doing ok.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

I know you guys are just letting me do all the posts so I'll catch up from all my missed posts during my break. Big grin

5 mile pace run this morning. Was very happy about the lower temps and cloud cover.  Typical early cycle pace run.  I finished and thought there's no way I could pull off that pace for another 21.2 miles, so I'm right on track.

Paul

old-runner

I'm not sure anybody wants to know all the ins and outs of my day-to-day running activities, but I managed to do a 2-mile tempo run yesterday at a 7-minute pace (average). Does 2 miles even count?

Paul, I noticed you in the "A Mile a Day" group for a running streak. I just started that recently and am up to about 35 days. I'll see how it goes. So far it's working and if I run I get to eat more so I don't want to take any days off.

I see Phyllis still hasn't shown her face on here after she signed up. I just saw her on FB and I'm gonna go yell at her for not posting. She's great... she just ran her first 5k a couple weeks ago and was 2nd female overall in the July 4th Firecracker 5k in Columbus, NC.

I'm running The Scream! Half Marathon tomorrow. Very excited about a downhill race and will be totally bummed if I don't get a PR, and semi-bummed if I don't finish in under 1:30. I'll be sporting my new svelte 10-pounds lighter figure.

http://www.thescream.blueridgemultisports.com/home.html

I wish I could run that SCREAM race. Its a shame to waste this beautiful weather we're gonna have,  Yeah 85 after 100 degree days counts as beautiful weather.  My running is going well, and I a hoping I can hit my first 200 mile month either this month or next so I won't die in the Blue Ridge Relay (running on a 5 person team)

Richard has already call me out. So-here I am. Hi all, this is Phyllis.

Ran 11 this morning. I.COULD.BREATH. Frankly, I'm very thankful for the fall-like weather.

What do you guys think about running with someone else's bib? I know someone who has registered for the Scream has to withdraw due to injuries. Race director said it's too late for a transfer. I definitely don't want to do anything illegal...but it's such a waste for a sold-out race.

Hi Phyllis.

Anyone here have any interest in running on that 5 person Blue Ridge Relay (unless you are already running on the GCR team like Ashley), so we'll have 6.  The race is paid for already.  It's going to be tough, but doable I think if you have run a half marathon.